IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire Podcast

Mr X

1 hour ago, RedYoshi said:

I almost don’t want to watch it. Worry it’ll sully my memory of it, which is undoubtedly far removed from the reality of the strike.

I’ll stick with believing it was like something out of Nintendo World Cup on the NES...

51DB5139-7C0A-4A1B-B613-09B6F197C5D2.png.5ef66cfd9ee2a60baf95b4ae1a2e5afb.png

Yeah it’s not quite as good as I rememeber live. 

All 3 were overpaid and underperformed whilst here. 

Stewart was on the decline, but should have done so much better when here. We signed him about 2 years too late, but we would never have stood a chance of signing him previously to this. Liked his drink too much and was too comfortable being "home".

Bridges was an injury waiting to happen. That's the only way we were able to sign him - nobody else at the time was willing to take a chance on him. I dare say we paid for him to move to Carlisle afterwards.

Wilkshire - Middlesbrough reserve player who flattered to deceive. As someone else said above, more interested in playing for Australia.

End of the day all 3 signed whilst we were in League 1 (could still have been division 2 at the time actually, can't remember when it was rebranded). If they were any better, they would have been able to get moves higher up the leagues.

Most players who don't do well at clubs usually don't look back at their time there with fondness.

14 hours ago, Rob k said:

Yeah they have been terrible for us haven’t they!!

GJ is my favourite ever manager of this club, those few seasons under him were brilliant, there hasn’t been a better atmosphere in the stands since he left. 

I beg to differ, the atmosphere when SC was in charge was pretty special!

Archived