IGNORED

Kalas injury

Colombo Robin

After a prominsing start I fear this could really cost us. Unfortunately our main back three (Kalas, Baker, Mawson) are seriously injury prone and that ought to have been anticipated.

It’s Far from ideal to have to start Moore and Vyner together. Possibly Brunt at LCB as another option but I’m not sure if that would work, it’s makeshift at best.

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Don’t think Kalas is too bad and sounds like a strain as club say it will be short term but probably not available for Sunday 

Good news on Williams bring back training 

Hope so, if he isn’t available on Sunday then there is no point in even thinking about risking him against Villa, meaning he now has an extra day’s’ recovery for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Im pretty sure early in the northampton game that kalas got nailed by their big striker, and was holding his shoulder area. Then 2 minutes later the actual injury occurs and he goes off. If something wasnt right, kalas could have come off straight away and got it checked out... just like baker does. But he didnt, and fingers crossed hes back soon.

as an aside, the evening post website does an interview with bentley where bentley says he spoke to kalas who was upbeat, after the Northampton game.

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Im pretty sure early in the northampton game that kalas got nailed by their big striker, and was holding his shoulder area. Then 2 minutes later the actual injury occurs and he goes off. If something wasnt right, kalas could have come off straight away and got it checked out... just like baker does. But he didnt, and fingers crossed hes back soon.

as an aside, the evening post website does an interview with bentley where bentley says he spoke to kalas who was upbeat, after the Northampton game.

Yes he did get caught.

The one thing that got me was that he went down minutes later.  I would’ve thought if you’d done your collarbone or popped your shoulder out, I’m not sure going to ground was the best thing.  He obviously put his arm into a makeshift sling so something up.

Fingers crosses it’s not a bad one.

Archived