Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Kalas injury

After a prominsing start I fear this could really cost us. Unfortunately our main back three (Kalas, Baker, Mawson) are seriously injury prone and that ought to have been anticipated.

It’s Far from ideal to have to start Moore and Vyner together. Possibly Brunt at LCB as another option but I’m not sure if that would work, it’s makeshift at best.

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Don’t think Kalas is too bad and sounds like a strain as club say it will be short term but probably not available for Sunday 

Good news on Williams bring back training 

Hope so, if he isn’t available on Sunday then there is no point in even thinking about risking him against Villa, meaning he now has an extra day’s’ recovery for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Don’t think Kalas is too bad and sounds like a strain as club say it will be short term but probably not available for Sunday 

Good news on Williams bring back training 

Great news. May I ask where did you find out this to?

Im pretty sure early in the northampton game that kalas got nailed by their big striker, and was holding his shoulder area. Then 2 minutes later the actual injury occurs and he goes off. If something wasnt right, kalas could have come off straight away and got it checked out... just like baker does. But he didnt, and fingers crossed hes back soon.

as an aside, the evening post website does an interview with bentley where bentley says he spoke to kalas who was upbeat, after the Northampton game.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Im pretty sure early in the northampton game that kalas got nailed by their big striker, and was holding his shoulder area. Then 2 minutes later the actual injury occurs and he goes off. If something wasnt right, kalas could have come off straight away and got it checked out... just like baker does. But he didnt, and fingers crossed hes back soon.

as an aside, the evening post website does an interview with bentley where bentley says he spoke to kalas who was upbeat, after the Northampton game.

Yes he did get caught.

The one thing that got me was that he went down minutes later.  I would’ve thought if you’d done your collarbone or popped your shoulder out, I’m not sure going to ground was the best thing.  He obviously put his arm into a makeshift sling so something up.

Fingers crosses it’s not a bad one.