IGNORED

Captain for Sunday?

OneTeamInBristol

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Taylor Moore? He’s captained for England u19 previously

Too many senior pros ahead of him currently for the armband. Until now he’s been playing out on loan with League One clubs. He has the potential to be skipper but I think his main focus right now should be his performances in the first team.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Taylor Moore? He’s captained for England u19 previously

I would’ve had him as Kalas’s vice during pre-season, but having seen him versus Coventry I would rather he concentrates on his own game at this point.

I can see any of Mawson, Brunt or Weimann getting it, dependent on who starts.

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would’ve had him as Kalas’s vice during pre-season, but having seen him versus Coventry I would rather he concentrates on his own game at this point.

I can see any of Mawson, Brunt or Weimann getting it, dependent on who starts.

I was thinking that Moore already has leadership skills. 

Not sure positionally it's the best choice, but given the team that is likely I'd say Bentley is a strong contender . 
Yes I know Mawson took the armband, but to have a loan player take the Captaincy , and after playing one game for the club? I'd be a little surprised. Anyone seen a vice Captain announced ?
Options?  
I don't see Vyner, Moore, Nagy, Bakinson, Fam, Martin or even Wells to be considered so....
Hunt; if he plays, which is likely, he will be one of the senior players . I'd say doubtful
Rowe; possible as a stop gap and will probably play until JD is fully fit, I'm not convinced.
Mawson; as I said above I'd be surprised, but in footballing terms a good bet.
Paterson; This is where I think it might go if Bents isn't chosen. Regular, in good form and experienced, I think it might be good for him too.

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Rowe; possible as a stop gap and will probably play until JD is fully fit, I'm not convinced.

I'd happily take Rowe as an interim captain if he's playing.

He captained both Peterborough and Doncaster for a fair amount of time, is pretty experienced, knows the squad, and has a decent attitude. Otherwise Mawson or Brunt are good picks I think.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I was thinking that Moore already has leadership skills. 

He has some experience at age group level, sounds as if he’s a mature pro footballer....but as I said, it’s more important for him to worry about his own game at the mo.  He, himself doesn’t see himself as a senior pro yet.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He has some experience at age group level, sounds as if he’s a mature pro footballer....but as I said, it’s more important for him to worry about his own game at the mo.  He, himself doesn’t see himself as a senior pro yet.

I would probably go with Mawson and I definitely get this point about Moore. However I think he might actually be the kind of character who thrives on the responsibility - I think it could actually focus him and improve his performance. DH will obviously know him better but its hard to think of a more model pro with a better attitude. Think he would lead by example if chosen. 

Archived