IGNORED

a live TV feed from Africa of Stoke v Bristol City?

Never to the dark side

• Admin
11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I , and I hope all of us that can afford it pay £10 for the home games. I presume , like regular away games , the home team gets all the money ? 

I can't believe for a minute that the club gets 100%

The EFL and more so Sky wouldn't be authorising all this coverage without them getting a massive cut

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not sure if you would know, but does anyone know if that is available on any of the beIN channels in Europe? 

Just checked be in sports in OZ Channel 2 is the one we are usually on. It’s not live in OZ this weekend unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

For the pedants among us, it’s Tangier, not Tangiers! A common error.

Good point well made but surely those pesky pedants would have held their head in their hands over the spelling of satellite.

I align with the more anarchic approach to grammar and have no time for such petty bourgeois attitudes.

Pedants Out

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I can't believe for a minute that the club gets 100%
I can’t recall the exact rules, but it’s different for Saturday versus Midweek games I think.

The EFL and more so Sky wouldn't be authorising all this coverage without them getting a massive cut

I don’t believe they are...Sky get their live games, plus negotiated to show a few more as part of the compensation for last season, so they are happy.  EFL still get their money from Sky, so they are happy.  So are happy for clubs to generate revenue for themselves.

I think that’s the gist of it.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

edit: although revenue splits are different in Lg1/2, Heres an interesting article from Bradford.

2BA3E563-3637-41B8-B439-77702C0FF5F3.thumb.png.e50d59f44ba75164ba35173f7cdd8aa0.png

49 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Good point well made but surely those pesky pedants would have held their head in their hands over the spelling of satellite.

I align with the more anarchic approach to grammar and have no time for such petty bourgeois attitudes.

Pedants Out

Bourgeois - is that not middle class and against conventional attitude. You sure you are from Knowle ? ? i have plenty of mates and we do catch up when I’m back. If i said Bourgeois they would expect me to get a half dozen bottles of French red from ASDA on my way over. 

20 minutes ago, City oz said:

Bourgeois - is that not middle class and against conventional attitude. You sure you are from Knowle ? ? i have plenty of mates and we do catch up when I’m back. If i said Bourgeois they would expect me to get a half dozen bottles of French red from ASDA on my way over. 

In its literal sense, bourgeois in Old French (burgeis, borjois) means "town dweller". 

However the ex Russian striker Anton Chekhov in a moment of rare lucidity said "There is nothing more vulgar than a petty bourgeois life with its halfpence, its victuals, its futile talk, and its useless conventional virtue." 

I don't think any of us can argue with that.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Not sure if you would know, but does anyone know if that is available on any of the beIN channels in Europe? 

Hi mate, this game won't be available on any Bein Sports channels, neither in Europe, or further afield.

There is a slim (VERY) chance a stream from ESPN Africa may become available, but I'd wager on a likely NO of that happening!

So options are, it's £10 via Robins tv, or the Stoke equivalent - or EYEPEE TEEVEE ?

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just spotted that the sattelite guide is showing the game live on ESPN Africa,

and no I ain't going to make a trip to Tangiers to find out.

I am just going to pay my £10 and watch Lisa Knights attempting to be appealing on the eye rather than a washed up old hag.

1 hour ago, boatman said:

I am just going to pay my £10 and watch Lisa Knights attempting to be appealing on the eye rather than a washed up old hag.

Okay, so Lisa Knights doesn't float your boatman, but thats a bit over the top. I don't think she approaches her job in a 'what do I need to do to get Boatman's rocks off' frame of mind. Are you confusing Robins TV with another channel? You know, the one you can watch in the Rovers Supporters Club bar?

Archived