IGNORED

Today`s games

Lanterne Rouge

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Yes, but like the bloody stupid decision against Leeds at Liverpool last week VAR is the reason I watch very little Premier league football. I had hoped that the ref reviewing decisions made by the distant tosser at pitch side would bring about the right decisions, but stupidly I had forgotten that most Premier league referees are clowns from your worst nightmare! 

Just imagine the rage if Ferguson was still in charge ! ?

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They are a ******* awful side, saw them fluke the playoff final & knew they would struggle.

Possibly going to be the worst ever side to play Championship football.

They'll do well to do worse than Rotherham 2016/17, who were relegated with 23 points from 46 games (5 wins, 8 draws).

Only Barnsley in 52/3(18 points), Port Vale 57/8 (22 points), Watford 72/3 (19 points) and Sheff Weds 75/6 (21 points) managed to win fewer points - but as I need not tell you, that was in 42 games, not 46.

Going by points per game and adjusting for three points for a win, Rotherham in 2016/17 are/were statistically the worst second tier side since WW2.

And when we scraped past them that season 1:0 at home, our manager at the time talked up his brave decision to sub Tammy and bring on Djuric and two others. What he didn't talk up was that he was struggling desperately against the worst team at this level in 70 seasons. But anyway ....

Only Cambridge (83/4) managed fewer wins (4) than Rotherham in 2016/17, again, but that was in four fewer games. They still managed 24 points, one more than Rotherham three years ago.

Rovers, in 80/81, were poor too - 23 points - but not as poor as Rotherham in 2016/17.

10 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

They'll do well to do worse than Rotherham 2016/17, who were relegated with 23 points from 46 games (5 wins, 8 draws).

Only Barnsley in 52/3(18 points), Port Vale 57/8 (22 points), Watford 72/3 (19 points) and Sheff Weds 75/6 (21 points) managed to win fewer points - but as I need not tell you, that was in 42 games, not 46.

Going by points per game and adjusting for three points for a win, Rotherham in 2016/17 are/were statistically the worst second tier side since WW2.

And when we scraped past them that season 1:0 at home, our manager at the time talked up his brave decision to sub Tammy and bring on Djuric and two others. What he didn't talk up was that he was struggling desperately against the worst team at this level in 70 seasons. But anyway ....

Only Cambridge (83/4) managed fewer wins (4) than Rotherham in 2016/17, again, but that was in four fewer games. They still managed 24 points, one more than Rotherham three years ago.

Rovers, in 80/81, were poor too - 23 points - but not as poor as Rotherham in 2016/

Wycombe are just abysmal, they were 8th in League One when the season was cancelled but based on some formula were put in the playoffs & completely fluked them.

They won the final after Oxford’s goalie had a brain freeze and hauled some guy down in the box, but they were truly terrible, they play absolutely no football at all & seem largely content to time waste and commit petty fouls. That Rotherham side is probably like Bayern Munich in comparison.

4 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Yes, but like the bloody stupid decision against Leeds at Liverpool last week VAR is the reason I watch very little Premier league football. I had hoped that the ref reviewing decisions made by the distant tosser at pitch side would bring about the right decisions, but stupidly I had forgotten that most Premier league referees are clowns from your worst nightmare! 

What stupid decision? Both were clear pens.

On 19/09/2020 at 21:26, GrahamC said:

Wycombe are just abysmal, they were 8th in League One when the season was cancelled but based on some formula were put in the playoffs & completely fluked them.

They won the final after Oxford’s goalie had a brain freeze and hauled some guy down in the box, but they were truly terrible, they play absolutely no football at all & seem largely content to time waste and commit petty fouls. That Rotherham side is probably like Bayern Munich in comparison.

I forgot about them being 8th, and having a game in hand and all that. Good point. Be interesting if they get more than 23 points, then. And we will be taking six off them, no excuses. We only managed 4 points from the two games against Rotherham 2016/17 (statistically the poorest second tier side since the last World War, need I remind you) though, so we shall see.

On 19/09/2020 at 21:18, Moments of Pleasure said:

Rovers, in 80/81, were poor too - 23 points - but not as poor as Rotherham in 2016/17.

Was that the game where they were reduced to 9 men over the Christmas period?

35 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Was that the game where they were reduced to 9 men over the Christmas period?

No, that was the following time we played them, Adam Webster scored very late on.

The 1-0 in the season when they got very few points was Matty Taylor’s debut, I think, Milan Djuric definitely scored our goal.

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No, that was the following time we played them, Adam Webster scored very late on.

The 1-0 in the season when they got very few points was Matty Taylor’s debut, I think, Milan Djuric definitely scored our goal.

Grim. I seem to recall being the person who started what ended up being a stadium wide chant of 'you don't know what you're doing' in the Atyeo stand after Tammy got yanked. Guessing that was around the time of our loss streak. 

Archived