IGNORED

Nightmare first date!

Shaun Taylor

21 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Those dreaded words eh weston, are you courting?

Hey i thought a goth might be impressed with a chat up line involving death?

Lo l. Over the years I've tried to come up with some way to justify what I said IE like with what you said, shes goth, surely she likes death? But whatever. My mate who was there at the time, now laughs it off as one of the stupidest things I said, and to be honest with you, I agree! Why did I say that specifically? Who knows, because even I dont know.

I met this french goth bird in east street, in bedminster, she wanted directions to the 007 cafe/hotel on west st.

I told her i was going that way, and what a classy place it was and walked with her, she had this weird suitcase with spikes on.

! thing led to another, we had a few drinks, and she asked if she could put a doglead on me and walk me about naked.

A goth thing, i thought, so i went along, wasnt really doing it for me, i think she sensed it.

Anyway shes gone over to the weird spiky suitcase and pulled out a live snake!

On 20/09/2020 at 00:07, slartibartfast said:

Similar to OP , I went on a first date with a gorgeous blond, looked like Kylie Minogue ( circa Neighbours) she was married but there was deffo a mutual attraction, we worked in the same office. Anyhoo, we nicked off work for some afternoon delight.  and went to an out of the way pub on the banks of the Severn. One thing led to yer mother and we got down to it in the back of my car. Everything was hunky dory till I took off her bra................she had a hairier chest and nipples than I did !   Needless to say ,my ardor immediately cooled and made some excuse and drove her back to work,don't think we ever spoke again !

Maybe she was the sister of the girl I met up with?

i met a bird at stars in weston a long time ago.went back to hers,had a good night.in the morning went for a walk down the seafront together to sober up and it was quite windy. didnt take long for her to look like a piece of 40 grit sandpaper where sand stuck to her face. put me right off and never went back

On 09/10/2020 at 03:51, CrazyInWeston said:

First time I was introduced to a girl/woman in a bar/pub/nighclub setting (I dont go out much so if I need a chance, this is it) She was dressed all goth and asked me my age, for some reason I answered "I'm 22 now I'm so old Im almost dead" - She had a funny look, I knew I blew it... Still, I'm 32yrs old now.... Still single! Never had a girlfriend since my last one in 2010. I go places, I do the desperate tinder and other sites, no one seems interested. My family is asking questions why I'm not "Settled" down yet. I dont even know. Used to be easy when I was younger but now most women are married off, I'm finding it a lot harder. plus none of them actually talk to me so what else I supposed to do?

Take yourself away from dating and focus on your own life and be the best Man you can be and you'll notice more attention

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

Take yourself away from dating and focus on your own life and be the best Man you can be and you'll notice more attention

Believe me mate, year 2010/11 I was on like 5/6 dating websites and going to the pubs, no joy, by the year 2015, it was mainly pubs (er I know pubs aint the best but it was all I had) I made another "looking desperate" attempt of Tinder in 2018, but in all that time (Over 10yrs now) I've had 2 dates. 1 ended in the girl and I kissing, but a few days later she just broke it up NO 2nd date for no reason, I asked why and was ghosted. The 2nd time It was with a woman who just had a baby, we had a few times where she invited me to her house, I understood it was hard for her to go out and leave the baby. But one night I leant in for a kiss and she slapped me and I was like ok. I asked why and she was all like "Making a Friend" and I'm like "why be on a dating site and leading me on then?" suffice to say, she kicked me out her place and blocked me. I know she's just had a baby thus I understood her difficulties in actually going out for a date, but why be on a site if you dont want to date??? Never will understand women, dont think any man will. I havent touched a dating site since.

7 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Believe me mate, year 2010/11 I was on like 5/6 dating websites and going to the pubs, no joy, by the year 2015, it was mainly pubs (er I know pubs aint the best but it was all I had) I made another "looking desperate" attempt of Tinder in 2018, but in all that time (Over 10yrs now) I've had 2 dates. 1 ended in the girl and I kissing, but a few days later she just broke it up NO 2nd date for no reason, I asked why and was ghosted. The 2nd time It was with a woman who just had a baby, we had a few times where she invited me to her house, I understood it was hard for her to go out and leave the baby. But one night I leant in for a kiss and she slapped me and I was like ok. I asked why and she was all like "Making a Friend" and I'm like "why be on a dating site and leading me on then?" suffice to say, she kicked me out her place and blocked me. I know she's just had a baby thus I understood her difficulties in actually going out for a date, but why be on a site if you dont want to date??? Never will understand women, dont think any man will. I havent touched a dating site since.

I wouldn't view going on Tinder a negative. Majority of youngsters use it today, sadly it's the way of the World to go online. Problem is, it's much harder for Men to get many dates as Women's standards on these sites are quite high. Take yourself away from it all I say and don't make it your life mission to date a woman. 
If you do start talking to a Woman online just play it cool as much as possible and don't become overly available to them as they will learn that they can treat you like a doormat and you're there when they need attention.

Just chill about it all, so many guys are in the same position

13 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

If you want to find a partner start being somewhere where your future one might be .

For example, if you like singing join a choir. Eating, go to cookery night classes . 

Follow your interests and passions and you are likely to stumble on someone who shares them.

Don’t focus on trying to find a date . Focus on getting yourself out of the house and making contact with potential partners doing  an activity that you enjoy. If you don’t get fixed up then at least you will be growing, making yourself and your life more interesting and therefore more attractive to others.

Always remember that the most interesting subject for anyone is themselves. 

Ask questions, smile, listen. Show interest in others and they will reciprocate.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

If you want to find a partner start being somewhere where your future one might be .

For example, if you like singing join a choir. Eating, go to cookery night classes . 

Follow your interests and passions and you are likely to stumble on someone who shares them.

Don’t focus on trying to find a date . Focus on getting yourself out of the house and making contact with potential partners doing  an activity that you enjoy. If you don’t get fixed up then at least you will be growing, making yourself and your life more interesting and therefore more attractive to others.

Ask questions, smile, listen. Show interest in others and they will reciprocate.

Very wise, sound advice @Major Isewater.

Was waiting for the punchline at the end but still, sound advice :laugh:

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This is excellent advice.

Although I'm only interested in things that only men also play. I mean I joined a pool club... mostly men, but I do prefer Snooker, which is even worse in terms of men/women ratio. Not really interested in anything else.

However saying that, I've had my best successes while playing Yahoo Pool! (Anyone remember that?) Used to get plenty of females to chat with on there to add to at the time MSN Messenger (like 10/15+ girls I had on MSN). But sadly that is both gone now, and there doesnt seem to be any alternative.

I used to be quite the hustler on Yahoo Pool as well, having a ranking higher than 1900/2000 (Those who know will know what I mean)

1 hour ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Although I'm only interested in things that only men also play. I mean I joined a pool club... mostly men, but I do prefer Snooker, which is even worse in terms of men/women ratio. Not really interested in anything else.

However saying that, I've had my best successes while playing Yahoo Pool! (Anyone remember that?) Used to get plenty of females to chat with on there to add to at the time MSN Messenger (like 10/15+ girls I had on MSN). But sadly that is both gone now, and there doesnt seem to be any alternative.

I used to be quite the hustler on Yahoo Pool as well, having a ranking higher than 1900/2000 (Those who know will know what I mean)

You are what used to be known as ‘ a man’s man’ which doesn’t help your situation.

Try broadening your horizons. You might surprise yourself by finding something that interests you.

Join a hiking group, do some night classes in first aid , take up archeology ...

Life is short and there are so many fascinating subjects of study where you might a chance of romance.

Try dance classes, there are usually more women than men. It is very sociable and easy to strike up relationships whilst exercising and having a laugh. COVID won’t be around for ever. 

Is Yahoo pool like ‘ pocket billiards ‘ ? 

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is Yahoo pool like ‘ pocket billiards ‘ ? 

Yahoo Pool was an online game of "Spots and Stripes" Within the Yahoo Games community. I played it so often I even knew of its online glitches.

Edit: Sadly Yahoo closed down its games department. Unlike Miniclip pool on Android, which only gives you a few pre-select speech bubbles. Yahoo Pool had a fully enabled keyboard chat system, so you could play a game while learning things about each other! This made it great to talk with the opposite sex and have a game at the same time. Pool wasnt the only game either, Yahoo games had plenty of games where you could do the same thing, like chess for example.

Bad losers on yahoo chess, top song, half man half biscuit.

My friend met a lady, a few months ago, and he went to get some french letters in the gents.

The machine swallowed, his 3 pounds, so he discreetly called over the barman, and explained his situation.

In a very very loud voice, he said im very sorry the condom machine guy comes around on thursday fortnight, you can leave your details, and come in and get your 3 quid, he boomed, by now, the whole pub was looking, at him, inclding his date, he said cheers for your discretion,but i think the moment may have passed by then.

8 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I think I've found the reason for the lack of dates!

On 09/10/2020 at 04:51, CrazyInWeston said:

First time I was introduced to a girl/woman in a bar/pub/nighclub setting (I dont go out much so if I need a chance, this is it) She was dressed all goth and asked me my age, for some reason I answered "I'm 22 now I'm so old Im almost dead" - She had a funny look, I knew I blew it... Still, I'm 32yrs old now.... Still single! Never had a girlfriend since my last one in 2010. I go places, I do the desperate tinder and other sites, no one seems interested. My family is asking questions why I'm not "Settled" down yet. I dont even know. Used to be easy when I was younger but now most women are married off, I'm finding it a lot harder. plus none of them actually talk to me so what else I supposed to do?

As the late Zig Ziglar and, perhaps, @Port Said Red, might have said:

If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”

Finally, and far be it for me to poke my nose in, but if you treat women in the same way as the character in your avatar, then that might explain your dilemma as (most?) women don't really like that sort of thing, especially on a first date....?.

Archived