IGNORED

Preston and penalties.

Tipps69

It’s no wonder they get given so many when their players are ‘earning’ them so easily!

The one they have been given at Norwich today is embarrassing to say the least, their player has hit the floor like someone has knocked his head, not touched his shirt as was the case!

Added to that the two dubious ones they were given at their place against us last season plus the numerous other ones that hardly seem worthy of a penalty! It seems like now all they require is for someone to literally touch their shirts for them hit the floor like they’ve been hit by a truck, it’s embarrassing & I’m quickly starting to dislike Preston for such play acting!

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

Waits for @Davefevs to produce graph showing Preston’s penalty stats. :D

I have to admit it completely baffles me.

They had 11 last season, which was by far the most in the division & started off the season with something remarkable like 8 in the first 8 games.

It is not as if they are a particularly attacking team, Fulham for instance who definitely were, only had 5.

Also they aren’t one of the big sides, like a Leeds who may get the benefit of a few because of “home town” decisions.

They do dive a lot to try to win one (Johnson blatantly did in the first of 2 they got against us up there last season) & are definitely the sort of side that will chip away at the ref all game to win them but yesterday’s was for a handball (described by Farke as “incredibly soft”) & they get plenty of them for that, too.

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I reckon Adam Nagy could get us a few if he can do those quick runs into the box from midfield he likes.

Palmer the same - he has an awkward running style with quick feet, and he shields the ball really well, its easy to mistime tackles against him. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I have to admit it completely baffles me.

They had 11 last season, which was by far the most in the division & started off the season with something remarkable like 8 in the first 8 games.

It is not as if they are a particularly attacking team, Fulham for instance who definitely were, only had 5.

Also they aren’t one of the big sides, like a Leeds who may get the benefit of a few because of “home town” decisions.

They do dive a lot to try to win one (Johnson blatantly did in the first of 2 they got against us up there last season) & are definitely the sort of side that will chip away at the ref all game to win them but yesterday’s was for a handball (described by Farke as “incredibly soft”) & they get plenty of them for that, too.

Yesterday’s was for handball?

Well I don’t think anyone seen that then as even they guy’s on Quest were saying that the Preston player that went down, went down ridiculously easy!

I’ve literally just watched it back again, it wasn’t for handball, the ball goes about 6ft over their heads, the Preston player actually makes a movement towards the near post (rather than from front to back) & stops! The Norwich player is following & literally just touches him & the Preston player goes down like he’s had his spine removed!

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Yesterday’s was for handball?

Well I don’t think anyone seen that then as even they guy’s on Quest were saying that the Preston player that went down, went down ridiculously easy!

I’ve literally just watched it back again, it wasn’t for handball, the ball goes about 6ft over their heads, the Preston player actually makes a movement towards the near post (rather than from front to back) & stops! The Norwich player is following & literally just touches him & the Preston player goes down like he’s had his spine removed!

Not seen that before, this is ******* embarrassing but as we know they do this all the time.

It was so soft the match report I saw said it was a handball! 

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not seen that before, this is ******* embarrassing but as we know they do this all the time.

It was so soft the match report I saw said it was a handball! 

After I’d replied to you I wondered if you were being sarcastic about it being a foul & it was your way of saying it was closer to being for handball than it was for a foul??

Archived