Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Early days I know, but what a signing he looks.

Brilliant assist today & his hold up play is top drawer. 

Looks a steal.

He’s a really good player , like you say hold up play is something we lacked in previous seasons. Best signing of the autumn window 

• Like 1

Always had a good game against us, I was very happy when we were linked with him. Actually I didn’t believe that he would sign for us, it seemed a bit too good to be true. Liking what I am seeing at the moment, making a huge difference and bringing out the best in other players too.

• Like 3

Derby thinking they're too good to have an English 31 year old called Chris Martin up front.  Doesn't look like a very ambitious signing but boy will he be effective. Suits 2 up front absolutely immensely. Played well with both Semenyo and Wells. 

Fair play to  Mr Ashton. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Looks to be a great signing so far. I don’t think he will get us 20+ goals but he  offers so much more and will be a good partner for Wells.

He could easily help Wells score 20+.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Derby thinking they're too good to have an English 31 year old called Chris Martin up front.  Doesn't look like a very ambitious signing but boy will he be effective. Suits 2 up front absolutely immensely. Played well with both Semenyo and Wells. 

Fair play to  Mr Ashton. 

They offered a 1 year (think with 12 month option) whereas we were happy to offer 2 years + option

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

He has hero status for me already. The way he put a little dig into the **** Danny Ba’ath so he needed treatment. You just love to see that. 

He’s no mug at that side of the game, something he shares with Wilbs..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like that as a comparison 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

He misplaced a couple of passes early on today, but impeccable after that.

Me too. Morgan is almost forgotten but for me he was one of the best front men we have had. Such a good football brain.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s no mug at that side of the game, something he shares with Wilbs..

Absolutely Graham. And Martin will be a great mentor to the younger players, just like Aaron. With players like the ex-Derby man and Brunt around, City are looking more 'streetwise' this term.

Who cares about Chris Martin??? Where is the kit??? Announce the KIT!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Based on recent history Chris Martin is playing like a very good championship player. Great bit of strength for the decisive moment of the game.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

One of those men who always gets referred to by his full name.

Good signing, solid, reliable, enough about him though to score and assist. Was a whisker away from netting himself in the first half. Great free agent.

Bit like Taylor Moore.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bris red said:

Looks to be a great signing so far. I don’t think he will get us 20+ goals but he  offers so much more and will be a good partner for Wells.

You may be right - but if Nakhi gets 20+, Martin 10, Fam 10, Semenyo 10 and the midfield chip in with some we are some way to being a high scoring team!

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

Reminds me a bit of Steven Davies the striker we signed from Derby.

To be honest I’m struggling to find many similarities, Davies was bloody lazy & rarely tracked back at all.

He also lost a lot of his physical duels, he did have a good eye for goal but I am not seeing many things in common at all.

• Like 2

Martin was quality today. It looks to me, a bit like Weimann, Derby have not used him correctly over the years.

Martin for me looks a perfect strike partner. Which is what we need when going with 2 up top. Strikers that link well.

He can drop into midfield, win a ball in the air. Or battle against big centre backs. He's very good on the ball anywhere on the pitch.

Its early days but I think Holden knows how to get the best out of his strengths.

• Like 1

Really good platform, clever player. Good technically.

Early days but looks very good so far. Him and Wells seems to be the first choice, in some games Martin and Weimann as Weimann can do legwork and they played together at Derby, Martin and Semenyo- how might they combine? 

Nice options to have.

• Like 1