Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Martin was quality today. It looks to me, a bit like Weimann, Derby have not used him correctly over the years.

Martin for me looks a perfect strike partner. Which is what we need when going with 2 up top. Strikers that link well.

He can drop into midfield, win a ball in the air. Or battle against big centre backs. He's very good on the ball anywhere on the pitch.

Its early days but I think Holden knows how to get the best out of his strengths.

I think the fact most of us thought it was a very astute signing, was because he has looked good at Derby, either up top on his own or with a partner, so we knew what we were getting.  I certainly don’t think Derby have used him any differently to how we will....so not sure how you come up with your bit in bold?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think the fact most of us thought it was a very astute signing, was because he has looked good at Derby, either up top on his own or with a partner, so we knew what we were getting.  I certainly don’t think Derby have used him any differently to how we will....so not sure how you come up with your bit in bold?

The games I've seen of him for Derby he's been a lone striker.

He's impressing me more being part of a strike partnership in these early appearances for us.

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The games I've seen of him for Derby he's been a lone striker.

He's impressing me more being part of a strike partnership in these early appearances for us.

Not any different at Derby than he his here imo.

Just technically a very good player where the club plays to his strengths.

Derbys loss is our gain.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not any different at Derby than he his here imo.

Just technically a very good player where the club plays to his strengths.

Derbys loss is our gain.

I haven't exactly seen loads of him. But as a strike partner he seems to have more licence to come deep, which so far seems to suit him. We then have a pacy threat in behind in Wells or with Semenyo midweek.

Put it this way, I'd much rather he played the role he is with us in a 2 than being a lone striker with us.

Reminds me a bit of Steve Brooker (with a much better touch).  He's not big enough to be a proper targetman but he doesn't half know how to use his body to protect the ball and make a yard.  Good vision too.  Very pleased so far.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

Top top signing

Fair play to MA or DH or JL or whoever made that happen.

I for one wouldn't have suggested it.

I think one of the guys on OSIB podcast said apparently Keith Downing knows him and just texted him 😂 

Edit - my bad that was chris brunt I think

Edited by BristolJoe
12 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Reminds me a bit of Steve Brooker (with a much better touch).  He's not big enough to be a proper targetman but he doesn't half know how to use his body to protect the ball and make a yard.  Good vision too.  Very pleased so far.

He loves to suck his marker in too tight and then roll him.  CBs nightmare, you wanna get tight to hit him as he receives the ball, but his arse is too big....once too tight he just rolls you and you can’t get a challenge in.  So good at it.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Early days I know, but what a signing he looks.

Brilliant assist today & his hold up play is top drawer. 

Looks a steal.

His hold up play reminds me a bit of Mark Hughes. Excellent 

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Early days I know, but what a signing he looks.

Brilliant assist today & his hold up play is top drawer. 

Looks a steal.

His hold up play reminds me a bit of Mark Hughes. Excellent 

• Like 1