IGNORED

Rene Gilmartin

redordead1

2 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

What a natural.

He provided genuinely insightful commentary and a shed a light on what the coaching set up and dressing room’s like. 

He was fantastic. Can we have him every week?

Interesting to hear that the goalkeeping coaches are involved in more than that, especially defensive structure and set pieces.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really very good.

Sensibly corrected the idiot commentator & gave intelligent insight all through the game.

As someone said on Twitter he is Sky Sports standard, not Robins TV.

He’s certainly raised the bar and really makes it far more of a professional set-up with him included.

As an aside, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him have a great coaching future in the game. Really smart guy. 

You can send direct feedback to Dave.Barton@bcfc.co.uk

I think RobinsTV has improved this season. The co-commentators have been great, Rene was fantastic today. More importantly I think the decision to trim the build up to just 30 minutes, ditching things like higher or lower in the process, has been a good one. Still room for some improvements, but I feel they'll come in time.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You can send direct feedback to Dave.Barton@bcfc.co.uk

I think RobinsTV has improved this season. The co-commentators have been great, Rene was fantastic today. More importantly I think the decision to trim the build up to just 30 minutes, ditching things like higher or lower in the process, has been a good one. Still room for some improvements, but I feel they'll come in time.

Is Downsy still on it?

38 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

What a natural.

He provided genuinely insightful commentary and a shed a light on what the coaching set up and dressing room’s like. 

He was fantastic. Can we have him every week?

He was terrific and what a wonderful Irish lilt. And with a name like that, he could easily have hosted a Saturday night music show like Val Doonican (ask your Grandad). Rene Gilmartin and the Gilmartinettes. You'll have to excuse me, the Nurse is about to administer my afternoon pills.

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

Very insightful and analytical. Refreshing to hear.

His knowledge is absolutely embarrassing Lisa Knights in the post-match. She’s so bad it’s painful.

That’s not really fair, her role is to hold it together, prompt comments and get others to discuss the technical side. She is top quality for what her job is

18 hours ago, JonDolman said:

No, he was signed for his coaching and as emergency 3rd choice keeper whilst JoJo went out on loan.

He sounds quite knowledgeable as well though in his co commentator role.

Does anyone know the wider role he’s been given in the coaching set-up? 

Is it just a case of inviting a clearly bright bloke into the meetings to learn from the Snr coaches or anything more specific?

Would be a great link between coaches and fans to have Rene as a regular on the programme and his comments certainly inspired confidence in where the club is headed. 

Archived