Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

This is probably the hardest it’s been in memory to pick a motm, head says Bakinson but given how hard he works and how well he drove us forward today I have to go Andi. Goal obviously helps. But Moore, Mawson, Martin were all so so good. 

Good, but don’t get over excited. He has been good in some matches and poor in others, which is to be expected with a young player. We need to see if he can’t consistently turn in the good performances. We should take a balanced view after, especially after only 2 league matches 

• Like 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

Much easier for TM in the centre of the three CBs, than LCB.  He did really well today.  I could pick a few points, but that would be churlish after that performance.

I actually thought he struggled a few times first half but had an absolute stormer after the break.

• Like 2

It’s a good start, that’s all. I’m pleased for DH, the coaching staff and the players who certainly appear to have bought in to the plan 

As LJ used to say, see where we are after each batch of 10 games

What is refreshing is we are not playing safety first football but actually going after teams and getting the ball forward through passing channels and not just route 1 

it’s promising and far more enjoyable to watch and hopefully DH doesn’t become streaky Dean!

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Good, but don’t get over excited. He has been good in some matches and poor in others, which is to be expected with a young player. We need to see if he can’t consistently turn in the good performances. We should take a balanced view after, especially after only 2 league matches 

I think it’s quite fair to give credit after a fantastic performance imo

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Much easier for TM in the centre of the three CBs, than LCB.  He did really well today.  I could pick a few points, but that would be churlish after that performance.

And we need to be able to accept that if we're going to bring all of these young players into our first team. They will make mistakes and Holden will need to become very astute at deciding when that means a youngster needs to be pulled from the firing line or to play through it. 

Applies to a number of our squad this season. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'll just copy paste what I said in the match thread.

"I think I see Moore in the central of a 3 as his natural position. He gets longer to watch the game and to make decisions which mitigates his flaws. The two leaders Kalas and Mawson either side guiding him through the games. And he's able to step up and bring the ball out or assist in the midfield the best."

He was very good today. I'm very glad that Holden made the decision to put him in the middle and not on the left with Mawson in the middle. I think it's better to stay this way when Kalas comes back.

Kalas Moore Mawson

OR

Vyner Kalas Mawson

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I'll just copy paste what I said in the match thread.

"I think I see Moore in the central of a 3 as his natural position. He gets longer to watch the game and to make decisions which mitigates his flaws. The two leaders Kalas and Mawson either side guiding him through the games. And he's able to step up and bring the ball out or assist in the midfield the best."

He was very good today. I'm very glad that Holden made the decision to put him in the middle and not on the left with Mawson in the middle. I think it's better to stay this way when Kalas comes back.

Kalas Moore Mawson

OR

Vyner Kalas Mawson

I think he would be ok RHS too....I think being on his wrong side v Cov exposes his weaknesses, but he's been ok RHS previously.  Agree with sentiment though that central is his better position.

22 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What? Just give the lad the praise he deserves and don’t be such a bore!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Kashmir said:

What? Just give the lad the praise he deserves and don’t be such a bore!

Stating the obvious may not be what you want to hear, but that doesn’t make if boring. It’s just an opinion that you’re not comfortable with is. One of the problems with the forum is that when someone has one good game he’s the best thing since sliced bread. When someone has one bad game he gets lots of abuse. Moore was very poor against Coventry but I didn’t get carried away with criticism because of one bad performance. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.

Not going to critique him after today.

Glad for him - he deserves all the plaudits he gets after the last couple of seasons being mucked around.

Just watched his post match interview - I really want this lad to succeed.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

Great to see Moore taking his chance. I struggle to recall such a genuine lad playing for us, and wanting to make it with so bad. He deserves the plaudits after that performance today and I’ve got no doubt he’ll get better and better, with the occasional error along the way that he will learn from. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, tin said:

Great to see Moore taking his chance. I struggle to recall such a genuine lad playing for us, and wanting to make it with so bad. He deserves the plaudits after that performance today and I’ve got no doubt he’ll get better and better, with the occasional error along the way that he will learn from. 

He'll make mistakes, no doubt about that.

But I don't think he'll be dropped after a mistake or sent out on loan.

Hopefully, he is here to stay now.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree.

Not going to critique him after today.

Glad for him - he deserves all the plaudits he gets after the last couple of seasons being mucked around.

Just watched his post match interview - I really want this lad to succeed.

One loan to many?  Yes, Blackpool was unnecessary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1