IGNORED

To the Weimann haters..

Son of Fred

4 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Time to give it a rest..

Youre doing me heed' in.

0_Screen-Shot-2019-05-10-at-125623.png

To be fair, there are probably players in the squad with more silky skills and consistent passing ability...however if you want a player who will run and run and press and press for 90 minutes then he is the man. Plus he can pop up with a moment of magic now and again. Can see why Dean picks him.

Weimann is a great player. He provides the engine in the team. He 100% earned his goal that came from his dispossession of the Stoke defender.

The utter knobs who come on here and start threads about him are exactly that. He’s the first player on the team sheet for the big games and quite right too.. 

Interesting how some of those who were slating his inclusion have gone very quiet since full time. 

Still amazed people can't see his qualities, an absolute workhorse with decent ability as well. Admittedly not a starting centre midfielder when everyone is fit imo, but a class option to have

Just now, JBFC II said:

Interesting how some of those who were slating his inclusion have gone very quiet since full time. 

Still amazed people can't see his qualities, an absolute workhorse with decent ability as well. Admittedly not a starting centre midfielder when everyone is fit imo, but a class option to have

Williams Walsh and Morrell Will have to go some to displace him in league games!

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Not good enough if we want promotion. Beat a crap stoke side but when we play sides who actually press then we will get over run

We were all saying pre season that Stoke were one of the promotion favourites. They don't become crap overnight, it was the way we played them. Can you not give credit to anyone connected with this club?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not good enough if we want promotion. Beat a crap stoke side but when we play sides who actually press then we will get over run

Funny, because a lot on here have been tipping Stoke for promotion!

It seems that it’s easier for you to put every player / club down rather than giving credit where credit is due!

8 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

He is still not a midfieder, sorry, he just does not have the pass or mindset.

Or composure.

But he had a very good game today - didn't stop running or closing down, 100% effort as usual.

But once we have a couple of midfielders fit, he can revert to playing up front imo.

And to the OP, no one hates anyone, just opinions.

17 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

He is still not a midfieder, sorry, he just does not have the pass or mindset.

Not having a go at you per se, but too many are fixated on what they think a midfielder should be, rather than what the player picked is doing in the role Holden wants them to play.

Holden, quite obviously doesn't want Andi to play the part / role of a "conventional" midfielder.  When he plays someone else he might want them to play differently.

Pre-game, most people suggesting our CM3 would get over-run...without paying any attention to the opposition CM3.  Holden is keeping it simple.  Its working (at the mo').

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not gonna lie mate, you're getting a bit boring now. 

If you're going to try and get engaged in debate please come at it with a view you can back up, instead of spouting rubbish, as you have done in pretty much every post thus far

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

I tipped stoke for promotion based on how they ended last season. Look dreadful now though.

2 league games into a new season, they haven’t suddenly changed half their team. And if anything we had players missing through injury that would of other wise played for us & arguably made us even better.

I think more credit should go to us rather than belittling us by now claiming Stoke are suddenly ‘Crap’!

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Feel free to put me on ignore list. 

I'll pass, mainly so I can be there for your first positive post! 

Interested to hear why you now feel Stoke aren't promotion candidates, 10 days after you felt they had a chance of going up though. Seasons aren't based on the first two games, hence why these 3 points will look very good by the end of the season imo

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

2 league games into a new season, they haven’t suddenly changed half their team. And if anything we had players missing through injury that would of other wise played for us & arguably made us even better.

I think more credit should go to us rather than belittling us by now claiming Stoke are suddenly ‘Crap’!

They also have a very good and much respected manager. I certainly wouldn't write them off yet.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not having a go at you per se, but too many are fixated on what they think a midfielder should be, rather than what the player picked is doing in the role Holden wants them to 

AW has rarely been a fans fav as he is so versatile and can play so many roles, LJ invariably played him in a wide role, now DH currently fancies him in a deeper role, yet AW himself has stated he prefers being in a forward role. When all our midfielders are fit I would be surprised if he carries on in this role ? He was always on team sheet under. LJ tenure and DH will I suspect continue this.  

21 minutes ago, Dog said:

So you realise we are likely to play with different players in a different set up with different gamplans almost every match? A win in the championship is very good regardless and they played well against Wolves recently too.

Weimann is an enigma, for me. 
There were 4 occasions in the first half today where, with an ounce of composure he could’ve threaded a through ball and created an easy chance. But he either overhit, under hit or didn’t even hit. 

But because he runs and runs and runs he gets more of these opportunities fall to him. 

His industry often creates his success. I just wish he had just the teeniest bit of composure when trying to thread a final ball. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not having a go at you per se, but too many are fixated on what they think a midfielder should be, rather than what the player picked is doing in the role Holden wants them to play.

Holden, quite obviously doesn't want Andi to play the part / role of a "conventional" midfielder.  When he plays someone else he might want them to play differently.

Pre-game, most people suggesting our CM3 would get over-run...without paying any attention to the opposition CM3.  Holden is keeping it simple.  Its working (at the mo').

More generally, some fans fixate on what players can't do rather than what they can. Fammy is another example. They always seem to want a whipping boy, even when things are going well.

Quite why they expect players at our level to have a complete, all round game is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Lack any sense of creativity. Will make it difficult for teams when playing away as they did us but no spark bar Powell whose a 1 in 5 player.

So what's changed for them from last week? That's exactly the same side you said could go up. Perhaps, we just made them look very average today, led by the excellent Weimann. 

Sometimes it works well to give us credit when we do well instead of blaming it on the oppositions lack of performance! 

Archived