IGNORED

Say a little prayer

Bat Fastard

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Incredibly tedious to try point scoring immediately after such a good result so early in the season.

Honestly, the best thing you could do is not start antagonistic threads like this and keep quiet. All the satisfaction would then be if we keep doing well and the appointment speaks for itself.

Very true, I think Mark Ashton's team selection has been excellent so far, :) but i am sure it will go wrong soon so that @southvillekiddy can come back and say I told you so. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Incredibly tedious to try point scoring immediately after such a good result so early in the season.

Honestly, the best thing you could do is not start antagonistic threads like this and keep quiet. All the satisfaction would then be if we keep doing well and the appointment speaks for itself.

Totally agree. It was always going to be the case though that these imbeciles would try and start the point scoring early on..

Everyone that wanted Hughton myself included wanted him for one reason and that was for the good of this football club. If and it is still a big if Holden and the current management team succeed in getting us into the top 6 (I genuinely feel anything else will be a failure of sorts - dress it up however you like but it will) then i will be the first to applaud the board for appointing them. All i and many others have ever wanted is the best for BCFC and not to point score against our own fans - its beyond pathetic.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Whilst I agree, that very much works both ways. It would just be different imbeciles if we'd lost every game.

Beat me to it.

Can absolutely guarantee that had we lost our first game, let alone first two that there would have been threads talking about "cheap options" or "no ambition".

28 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

For all the fans who stopped watching our beloved Bristol City because Dean Holden was appointed manager.  Maybe they will creep back and grudgingly accept that the club has chosen well.

I think the majority of us, regardless of our views on the appointment, are really pleased with an excellent result and performance including significant contributions from younger players being given a shot at first team football at such a high level and I have no doubt that the last thing on our minds was to write a post on OTIB lording it over a few posters who threw their toys out of the pram a few weeks ago but each to their own I suppose.

Great start and great positive football but whatever people’s view on Holdens appointment let’s not get too carried away, give it time and see how the team copes  with a bad run, how his man management style copes with players not getting a look in and all the twists and turns of a season.  Very impressive start though.  Keep it up Dean.

Nobody ever won the league after 2 games. Coventry will probably see a successful season as finishing around 15th or above. Stoke will probably be happy with a midtable - 8th placed finish (or higher) due to their poor season last time out.

Encouraging start, but let's save the willy waving for a few months shall we? At least then we would have played some teams who will be fighting for the top 8 of the league.

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Nobody ever won the league after 2 games. Coventry will probably see a successful season as finishing around 15th or above. Stoke will probably be happy with a midtable - 8th placed finish (or higher) due to their poor season last time out.

Encouraging start, but let's save the willy waving for a few months shall we? At least then we would have played some teams who will be fighting for the top 8 of the league.

Swindon did win it by November once though........................

I think on the face of it a lot of supporters were correct to be sceptical of the appointment as it was in complete contradiction of what the club communicated they were looking for.

However, a proposal of Holden, Simpson and Downing, an apparent move towards different squad acquisitions (Martin, Brunt, Mawson), a commitment to blood some of our undoubted talented youth, and a mindset to attack and dominate games would have been very much welcomed, so maybe a little bit of an unnecessary and futile post with all respect.

Interesting how many of those most vocal against his appointment are the ones not in favour of threads like this and call it imbeciles point scoring, rather than taking it as simply proving a point that they may have been imbiciles to be so against something that they really knew very little about. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Interesting how many of those most vocal against his appointment are the ones not in favour of threads like this and call it imbeciles point scoring, rather than taking it as simply proving a point that they may have been imbiciles to be so against something that they really knew very little about. 

Because it’s far too early and suggests that people don’t want Holden to work out.

There probably is a few that hope it fails, as is the case with any appointment, but that’s a minority.

The majority view seems to be -

1) People unimpressed with Holden appointment after time taken to appoint him and comments to media by club + speculation of Hughton etc

2) Pleasant surprise at signings as they appeared to be ‘first team signings‘ that’ll directly improve the first team squad.

3) Fans warming to Holden from sound of city interview - an antidote to Johnson stylistically.

4) Cautious optimism after impressive early season form.

It’s as simple as that really for the majority - people wanting Holden to succeed and the team to continue playing well. Not everything has to be used to score points. Fans were 100% right to critique the appointment process - the club still communicated poorly throughout which Lansdown admitted himself.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Because it’s far too early and suggests that people don’t want Holden to work out.

There probably is a few that hope it fails, as is the case with any appointment, but that’s a minority.

The majority view seems to be -

1) People unimpressed with Holden appointment after time taken to appoint him and comments to media by club + speculation of Hughton etc

2) Pleasant surprise at signings as they appeared to be ‘first team signings‘ that’ll directly improve the first team squad.

3) Fans warming to Holden from sound of city interview - an antidote to Johnson stylistically.

4) Cautious optimism after impressive early season form.

It’s as simple as that really for the majority - people wanting Holden to succeed and the team to continue playing well. Not everything has to be used to score points. Fans were 100% right to critique the appointment process - the club still communicated poorly throughout which Lansdown admitted himself.

There's offering critique about the appointment and ludicrous slating of the people who were privy to the interview process and deemed him the best man for the job..! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There's offering critique about the appointment and ludicrous slating of the people who were privy to the interview process and deemed him the best man for the job..! 

I think the club’s criticism was deserved. They communicated really badly throughout and that’s the main reason fans grew so frustrated. 

As above, not everything needs to be used to score points. It’s an emotive sport and obviously on the forum people will be hyperbolic. Just enjoy the win and hope the team keeps it up.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Evan Swindon waited 17 games

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People rightly saying that it is far too early to get excited which is correct.

However, can you imagine the reaction from some had we lost the first 4 games - it doesn't bear thinking about. I'm pretty sure the 'far too early' argument would have gone out of the window.

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn't want Holden but i feel like a pig in shit after that result. Where does that put me?

Apart from one or two everybody wants us to succeed anyone that comes on here with a told you so attitude pisses me off.

Archived