IGNORED

Say a little prayer

Bat Fastard

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Referring to my psychology courses. Yes its antagonistic to disagree with anybody. We as humans are wired to want people to agree with us generally as it is pleasing and confirms our self worth. 

I use the general there. You in this thread and multiple others are displaying something different. You want people to disagree with you. 

Your prose is structured to create conflict. You deliberately created a antagonistic thread because it is intrinsically stimulating. Your posts by being antagonistic consistently are thus recognised, attacked, critiqued and debated. You have constructed a antagonistic on line identity - A troll.

Oh dear.  There are many times that I have "been antagonistic" with Bristol City mobs. I recall the chant of Paedo Paedo about a Bristol Rover player and fifty years ago I recall a chant in the East End of Zigger Zigger Zigger - Millwall got a (N word) - on both these occasions I disagreed with the mob and voiced my outrage. I expect that many found my views antagonistic.  I prefer my standard to those of the mob.  I know that integrity is old fashioned, but I am old school.  It is possible to state views in a reasonably polite manner and it is perfectly reasonable to disagree and debate without having to resort to base insults.  I do not subscribe to the view that calling a mob a mob is a base insult. More a statement of facts as I see them.

6 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

We have our new Robbored it seems. Just for the record, I agree with most of what you say

I believe that you are referring to the chap who never believes anything until it appears of the official site.  He may well be offended by your remark!  We should tread carefully so that we do not antagonise anyone!!

11 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

After 45 minutes of our opening game this place was in meltdown. 135 minutes of league football later and people think DH is the next Alan Dicks. Let’s all calm down enjoy the football and see where it takes it.

Im aiming a bit higher, the next Brian Clough for me!

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

"The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can."

"When it comes to the crunch, he hasn't got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step."

"We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season."

These are direct quotes from SL, so hardly 'unsubstantiated media reports'. No one would have heard these quotes and thought 'Yes, sounds like Dean Holden would be the first choice candidate'

Lansdown also admitted the comms could have been handled better, so by "not really going with the whole shambolic comms accusation" - you're more chilled about it than our own owner is.

Do you genuinely think their comms and messaging was handled well then?

I think your points would hold more weight if people were giving Holden a hard time, but they aren't. On the contrary, people seem to have rallied round Holden fairly quickly. 

The issues levied at the board aren't just about this remember, it's historic. They've cocked up plenty of things in recent years - and mostly in the comms area. It's definitely a weakness and was amplified during the appointment process.

I think some people are little bit sensitive and entitled about comms..! 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unable to answer properly so instead try a little dig. Textbook Bar BS3 ?

Did you not see my previous proper answer..? 

Getting bored of this now. You seem intent on spoiling for an argument, because someone doesn't agree with what you say. 

I'm not going to change my mind on it, however many times you state yours. 

Let's just agree to disagree. 

Have a good day. 

18 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

You seem to think it is antagonistic to disagree with a mob.  We do not share the same opinion on this. Mobs are not renowned for logical and rational behaviour. Maybe this episode is an example of this. 

You cannot have a “mob” on a forum where individuals comment. A lot of people have a similar opinion on something, you disagree with these people, to start calling individual people a “mob” is comical.

28 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You cannot have a “mob” on a forum where individuals comment. A lot of people have a similar opinion on something, you disagree with these people, to start calling individual people a “mob” is comical.

A mob is a collective of individuals - in this case, people who largely share your view that it is not worth watching Bristol City but OK to criticise them on social media and abuse staff and management.  I have no objection if people hold different opinions but find it hard to respect those who are rude and insulting about the decent and talented people who run the football club that many of us still love.  Disagreement couched in reasonable, calm and respectful language is the proper way to conduct debate in my humble opinion. It is the unruly element who use the forum for vitriol and hostile insults who then turn their collective into a mob. It is possible that many of this mob are more reasonable and even decent people when they are away from the keyboard, which seems to bring out the worst side of people.

On 22/09/2020 at 06:57, Sir Geoff said:

After 45 minutes of our opening game this place was in meltdown. 135 minutes of league football later and people think DH is the next Alan Dicks. Let’s all calm down enjoy the football and see where it takes it.

From Google:

hyperbole
/hʌɪˈpəːbəli/

noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    “see OTIB for numerous examples”

Similar:
    exaggeration

overstatement

magnification

amplification

embroidery

embellishment

overplaying

excess

overkill

purple prose

puffery

Opposite:
    understatement

1b860c7eaaf592f47a813fb5d987e5b50a67afb9

Choose languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKinyarwandaKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaOdiaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTatarTeluguThaiTurkishTurkmenUkrainianUrduUyghurUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

e13ca7c5a675a1b7962a050495d0113503401443

Like a playground squabble. ‘You did this’ and ‘you said this’. We have started the season well and we are all delighted. Let’s hope it continues. The petty and quite frankly pathetic ‘humble pie’ comments all the time are boring. Some of us backed Holden from the start, some of us didn’t. It would be a pretty boring world if it was one size fits all. 

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

A mob is a collective of individuals - in this case, people who largely share your view that it is not worth watching Bristol City but OK to criticise them on social media and abuse staff and management.  I have no objection if people hold different opinions but find it hard to respect those who are rude and insulting about the decent and talented people who run the football club that many of us still love.  Disagreement couched in reasonable, calm and respectful language is the proper way to conduct debate in my humble opinion. It is the unruly element who use the forum for vitriol and hostile insults who then turn their collective into a mob. It is possible that many of this mob are more reasonable and even decent people when they are away from the keyboard, which seems to bring out the worst side of people.

“My view”, for what it’s worth, my view was, that I wasn’t interested in watching Bristol City while LJ was in charge. For the other 40 years of my following City I did support. 

You ‘do’ have a major problem with other people’s opinions, I’ve read them in the political forum!. 

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

“My view”, for what it’s worth, my view was, that I wasn’t interested in watching Bristol City while LJ was in charge. For the other 40 years of my following City I did support. 

You ‘do’ have a major problem with other people’s opinions, I’ve read them in the political forum!. 

There you go again! I have a problem with other people's opinions!  You mean that I do not always agree with other people.  Maybe you should rethink that because my beliefs won the general election and the referendum on the EU and seemed to trump your minority mob opinions. You really are in thrall to the mob mentality!  I hope that the football at Ashton Gate now comes up to your demanding standards and will allow you to watch again..... at least until the next manager that you and the mob start to pillory.

21 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Oh dear.  

Yes Dear.

There are many times that I have "been antagonistic" with Bristol City mobs. I recall the chant of Paedo Paedo about a Bristol Rover player and fifty years ago I recall a chant in the East End of Zigger Zigger Zigger - Millwall got a (N word) - 

That is conflation.

A unrelated event fifty years ago is clearly not related to this topic.

I know that integrity is old fashioned, but I am old school.  It is possible to state views in a reasonably polite manner and it is perfectly reasonable to disagree and debate without having to resort to base insults.  I do not subscribe to the view that calling a mob a mob is a base insult. More a statement of facts as I see them.

Your use of Mob is an insult. You apply it in a negative context to gain recognition of your posts. By using the general description of "Mob" you do not engage with the actual topic, as that is not what  you desire. Its called deindividuation. Your posts follow a consistent and predictable pattern.

As a poster notes you construct your posts in the same consistent and predictable pattern in the politics forum.

Its trolling. 

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

There you go again! I have a problem with other people's opinions!  You mean that I do not always agree with other people.  Maybe you should rethink that because my beliefs won the general election and the referendum on the EU and seemed to trump your minority mob opinions. You really are in thrall to the mob mentality!  I hope that the football at Ashton Gate now comes up to your demanding standards and will allow you to watch again..... at least until the next manager that you and the mob start to pillory.

? yes, I have a big mob standing behind me as I type! 

What a strange person you are, absolutely hilarious?

As for your beliefs, even stranger, and the fact you are proud of them is even more bizarre. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did you not see my previous proper answer..? 

Getting bored of this now. You seem intent on spoiling for an argument, because someone doesn't agree with what you say. 

I'm not going to change my mind on it, however many times you state yours. 

Let's just agree to disagree. 

Have a good day. 

Not really, I quoted directly from the SL TalkSport interview and you haven’t replied.

I’m not spoiling for an argument with you either, just was hoping you’d do me the courtesy of replying to my follow up without trying to have a dig instead. If anything that’s you looking for an argument!

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

? yes, I have a big mob standing behind me as I type! 

What a strange person you are, absolutely hilarious?

I hope your mob are socially distanced in accordance with the rules.  You are now getting a trifle tedious. Maybe we should get back to Bristol City supporting issues. Or have you forgotten how?

I don't think we should overexaggerate, we've played a newly promoted Coventry, newly promoted Northampton with the majority of their best players sold off to championship teams and an underperforming Stoke, the latter of which where the entire dressing room is rotten with players on inflated premier league wages still for the most part.

At the time it seemed like a very poor appointment. Give it 10-12 games and then judge. I am more than willing to eat humble pie if we are still playing well then. I am happy Tyreeq and Taylor Moore are playing in the first team though. Think those two and Walsh and Morrell can be very good players

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I hope your mob are socially distanced in accordance with the rules.  You are now getting a trifle tedious. Maybe we should get back to Bristol City supporting issues. Or have you forgotten how?

So tedious that you reply within seconds ?

Grow up, do something else with your time. Perhaps have a read of Gove’s leaked letter from today!!

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Yes Dear.

That is conflation.

A unrelated event fifty years ago is clearly not related to this topic.

Your use of Mob is an insult. You apply it in a negative context to gain recognition of your posts. By using the general description of "Mob" you do not engage with the actual topic, as that is not want you desire. Its called deindividuation. Your posts follow a consistent and predictable pattern.

As a poster notes you construct your posts in the same consistent and predictable pattern in the politics forum.

Its trolling. 

You are getting a bit confused. To call a rude mob a mob is now an insult to gain recognition of a post.  Maybe the rude mob should not be offended when people name them for what they are.  Are you trying to be the new Mystic Meg?  You have also veered well off subject..... maybe you are the troll?

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

You are getting a bit confused. To call a rude mob a mob is now an insult to gain recognition of a post.  Maybe the rude mob should not be offended when people name them for what they are.  Are you trying to be the new Mystic Meg?  You have also veered well off subject..... maybe you are the troll?

"Mob, Mob, rude Mob ... " The pattern of your posting is predictable, simplistic and clear trolling.

14 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

So the most read thread this week on OTIB is not about Dean Holden or the team its ..

Its..

Bat Fastard.

He will be humping the lap top all day.

It has drifted a long way from the original point and has become tedious. I will not be "humping my lap top" but will leave this thread to the mob to enjoy.

5 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

You really are beyond parody Bat!

I'd honestly put you up there as one of the rudest and most insulting posters on this forum. On the politics forum a few years ago there was a time when every single one of your posts would contain insult after insult against people whom you disagreed with. Most recently after Holden's appointment there was a thread where you were constantly insulting people that criticised decision-making at the club and accusing them of being "insecure" and "failures in life" etc.

You've demonstrated over many years on this forum that you are completely incapable of "Disagreement couched in reasonable, calm and respectful language" - good grief, you are the antithesis of this in fact!

I await the inevitable insults and put-downs...?

What’s with this ‘mob’ business?

I haven’t seen any group demonstrations, pitch forks, burning torches and effigies of Ashton or Lansdown at BS3?

The reality is, as @Phileas Fogg has said valiantly, hitting the brick wall over and over (bravo by the way, good effort, however futile), the frustration of the vast majority was nuanced and passed after a week.

Of course there is a minority who judge too harshly too soon - the bedsheets outside the ground for example.

But that ‘extreme’ minority is a little bit like the extreme minority who would judge a manager a success after 2 league games.

No one would do that, right?? 4 games, right???

Far too early for ‘I told you so’s’ - but it never fails to amaze me the sad desperation some have to say “I told you so”.

Keep your powder dry, it’s been 4 games.

Archived