IGNORED

Say a little prayer

Bat Fastard

17 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We did not manage to replace Eliasson - and we really miss the assists.  But even if we had him and he sustained a torn hamstring and was out for three months, how would that help right now?  Good full backs can give width and Dasilva is a great player....but injured.  Hunt can show superb quality in delivering crosses, but looks knackered.  O'Dowda can give pace and provide excellent crosses....but he is injured. Pring, Weimann - injured. Where do we conjure up the playing qualities that we need right now?

Dasilva can put a cross over but can’t defend. Hunts delivery is random at best, and lately ( if he manages to even get past the halfway line) it’s been awful. O’Dowda would rather pass back than cross the ball, and often played on the right, which meant zero crosses. 
It’s easy for you to imagine we have pace and width, unfortunately we haven’t. LJ’s philosophy was to ‘narrow the pitch’ with his ‘busy bees’ hustling the opposition, no thoughts of pace and width. Holden has carried the no width on.

As for Eliasson, why would he have stayed ? He hardly ever played.

44 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

At the risk of repeating previous posts, I don't think we will see the true Dean Holden during a crisis like the one we are currently facing.  He would have agreed his "masterplan" with Mark Ashton and the other coaches and this would have been approved by the Lansdown family.  Trying to implement that plan is clearly very difficult right now.

I am sure he has a "masterplan, a very cunning masterplan". The true Dean Holden thinks that, when you are a goal down and being overrun in midfield, the solution is to take off midfielders and replace them with forwards. That really is the sort of plan Baldrick would come up with. The guy is blatantly clueless.

23 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

He has no players who are able to give him width and pace.  The forwards have little opportunity to score because the do not get many decent crosses and they are not very well supported by midfield goal contributions.  Maybe when Pato gets back to full fitness, but we need a bit more than that. Left footed players needed!!

The game is about a lot more than width and pace. 

City are passive out of possession. City are out passed. City are being outworked. 

Mr Holden has not had to get to know these players. He has a squad of players to put into place his ideas. A squad of solutions not excuses. 

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The game is about a lot more than width and pace. 

City are passive out of possession. City are out passed. City are being outworked. 

Mr Holden has not had to get to know these players. He has a squad of players to put into place his ideas. A squad of solutions not excuses. 

That's the bit that disappoints me more than anything. Holden doesn't appear to have the balls to go down fighting right now, to do it his way and to hell with it. I honestly thought he had a lot more about him than that. PASSIVE is the perfect word to describe us.....we just don't affect a game in any way shape or form. We stand off, we don't shut off gaps, we get into shape......eventually, we rely on last ditch to get us out of all trouble........in other words we only do something when we absolutely have to. It's not lack of effort, I'm sure the running stats will back that up, it's more a lack of clear direction and strategy and how you apply that effort from what I have been watching recently.

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Those are your opinions - mine are different.  I do not necessarily believe that he is clueless but I do believe that he has very few options to change things on the pitch.

'I do not necessarily believe that he is clueless' isn't exactly justifying your loyalty. Do you believe he is talented enough to be a head coach in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Just now, SE23Red said:

'I do not necessarily believe that he is clueless' isn't exactly justifying your loyalty. Do you believe he is talented enough to be a head coach in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

I have no idea until he can be judged under more normal circumstances. I hope he gets the chance to show his mettle.

30 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Begs the question what Jon actually does 

Let’s be frank Jon Lansdown is only in the job because of his father - a blatant case of nepotism if ever there has been (and there have been a few at this club over the years!!)

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Let’s be frank Jon Lansdown is only in the job because of his father - a blatant case of nepotism if ever there has been (and there have been a few at this club over the years!!)

If I was in SLs position I would do the same. Better to trust the relative who will inherit the club than give total control to an outsider.  I fully expect that Jon will progress very well and be a safe pair of hands for years to come.  Now that the end of all the building work is in sight, there may well be a better flow of funds in years tome that will propel us on to glory!

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

If I was in SLs position I would do the same. Better to trust the relative who will inherit the club than give total control to an outsider.  I fully expect that Jon will progress very well and be a safe pair of hands for years to come.  Now that the end of all the building work is in sight, there may well be a better flow of funds in years tome that will propel us on to glory!

I really hope you are right.

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have no idea until he can be judged under more normal circumstances. I hope he gets the chance to show his mettle.

So nothing based on your observations of his performance in unarguably tough times...just loyalty for the sake of loyalty?

Wouldn't it be better to have an idea about if he's good enough *before* embarking on your commendable attempts to advocate sticking with him? Loyalty is an admirable quality, until it's misplaced.

Just now, SE23Red said:

So nothing based on your observations of his performance in unarguably tough times...just loyalty for the sake of loyalty?

Wouldn't it be better to have an idea about if he's good enough *before* embarking on your commendable attempts to advocate sticking with him? Loyalty is an admirable quality, until it's misplaced.

First few games and end of last season was not too bad. Now examine the list of players he has missed over the course of this season and ask yourself - would those missing players have made a difference? Loyalty because it may save us from spending a large amount of cash that could better be used for players in the next window.  There is no guarantee that a new manager, with the same injury list, would do any better.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

That's the bit that disappoints me more than anything. Holden doesn't appear to have the balls to go down fighting right now, to do it his way and to hell with it. I honestly thought he had a lot more about him than that. PASSIVE is the perfect word to describe us.....we just don't affect a game in any way shape or form. We stand off, we don't shut off gaps, we get into shape......eventually, we rely on last ditch to get us out of all trouble........in other words we only do something when we absolutely have to. It's not lack of effort, I'm sure the running stats will back that up, it's more a lack of clear direction and strategy and how you apply that effort from what I have been watching recently.

I did not know if he had more about him but when he was appointed it was stated he had a clear vison of how he would progress.

Bristol City are passive. We've seen his before when Mr Holden was assistant. His football is a passive continuance. I would disagree with the its not lack of effort we have seen previously individuals lacking mental and physical application. Its very much a lack of clear direction (vision). The way Bristol City under Mr Holden approach the football means it lacks repetition. training has to lack repetition because of the frequent changes in direction - We stand off, we don't shut off gaps, we get into shape......eventually = Symptoms of a lack of repetition and lack of consistent direction.

All the change wastes preparation. What direction was it the months of pre season was spent on? The conditioning work was spent on what game City are going to play? When games are played this frequently it  is very difficult to recondition players, it is very difficult to integrate new systems of play through periodized training. Mr Holden is taking that difficulty and multiplying it.

The team and its football is not a reflection of injury and bad luck. Its a reflection of its Head Coach.

For me the coaching obviously hasn’t been working for months. We’ve hardly passed more than a few times in a row for most games while in possession.

What really bothers me not being able to motivate the team as a whole or any individual team member.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

When I last looked at this thread Thatcher was still PM and Fastard was waffling excuses and post after post of
hope , hopefully and blind faith 

Glad to see its still running in the same vein 

Never has one man said so little,  in so many words , in so much quantity

My optimism has served me very well over the years.  I fully expect us to survive this season comfortably and to go from strength to strength next season.  Luck always changes.

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I did not know if he had more about him but when he was appointed it was stated he had a clear vison of how he would progress.

Bristol City are passive. We've seen his before when Mr Holden was assistant. His football is a passive continuance. I would disagree with the its not lack of effort we have seen previously individuals lacking mental and physical application. Its very much a lack of clear direction (vision). The way Bristol City under Mr Holden approach the football means it lacks repetition. training has to lack repetition because of the frequent changes in direction - We stand off, we don't shut off gaps, we get into shape......eventually = Symptoms of a lack of repetition and lack of consistent direction.

All the change wastes preparation. What direction was it the months of pre season was spent on? The conditioning work was spent on what game City are going to play? When games are played this frequently it  is very difficult to recondition players, it is very difficult to integrate new systems of play through periodized training. Mr Holden is taking that difficulty and multiplying it.

The team and its football is not a reflection of injury and bad luck. Its a reflection of its Head Coach.

Yes, the constant chopping and changing of formation, system and personnel cannot possibly succeed. Surely in a situation where the remit now appears to be "avoid relegation" judging by the Owners comments this evening the way forward has to be decide upon a way of playing that you are sure will get you points between now and the end of the season and stick with it even of there are defeats along the way. At least when we play teams who aren't able to deal with the way of playing we will be able to take advantage of that due to the repetition you speak of and finish relatively comfortably in mid table. The constant chopping and changing means we cannot beat ANYBODY right now and some of the comments that came from national media outlets on Saturday were utterly disparaging and certainly suggesting we were nothing but a disorganised and demotivated rabble.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, the constant chopping and changing of formation, system and personnel cannot possibly succeed. Surely in a situation where the remit now appears to be "avoid relegation" judging by the Owners comments this evening the way forward has to be decide upon a way of playing that you are sure will get you points between now and the end of the season and stick with it even of there are defeats along the way. At least when we play teams who aren't able to deal with the way of playing we will be able to take advantage of that due to the repetition you speak of and finish relatively comfortably in mid table. The constant chopping and changing means we cannot beat ANYBODY right now and some of the comments that came from national media outlets on Saturday were utterly disparaging and certainly suggesting we were nothing but a disorganised and demotivated rabble.

The chopping and changing was something I was sure that Holden would not have done having seen the effects of doing this under Johnson. But sadly he seems to have learnt very little from the mistakes of Johnson reign. In fact he seems to have  learnt very little from anyone.

7 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

I am sure he has a "masterplan, a very cunning masterplan". The true Dean Holden thinks that, when you are a goal down and being overrun in midfield, the solution is to take off midfielders and replace them with forwards. That really is the sort of plan Baldrick would come up with. The guy is blatantly clueless.

Thing is, at least Baldock would have a decent idea of how we like to see our teams play football....

Hell, to be honest even Mr Bean with Teddy as his assistant would probably do a better job!!

6 hours ago, Sturny said:

image.png.ebdda7d3b8b2a14cc69ed3bbd38f1640.png

New avatar for you @Bat Fastard

I've run out of reactions for today so: :laugh::laughcont:

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

Thing is, at least Baldock would have a decent idea of how we like to see our teams play football....

Hell, to be honest even Mr Bean with Teddy as his assistant would probably do a better job!!

I've run out of reactions for today so: :laugh::laughcont:

He might, yes.

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Maybe he will ‘creep back’ and admit he’s clueless - I doubt it though

Blokes a virtual troll from La La Land

I have no issue with him going against the grain, but the irritating thing about Bat Fastard is his refusal to answer questions and dismiss valid concerns of others with the patronising assumption they are ‘inexperienced’ with how things work. 

Little more than a troll.

Archived