IGNORED

Coming of Age

Port Said Red

That's what was going through my head today, all the "youngsters" who were going to be given a torrid time by the physical "blokes" in the Stoke team, stood up to everything and really outplayed them for the vast majority of the game. It's all part of the growing up, they will have different tests going forward, but they should all now know they are capable of dealing with the physical side of the game. 

Who'd have thought that Vyner and Moore would both be in our back four a few months ago - and the same for Bakinson in midfield. Add in Semenyo up front and Joe Morrell to come in and the future is looking good.

Well done to those lads and also well done to Holden for having the trust in them, we don't have a lot to choose from at the back but he's consistently played these two so far regardless of Kalas fit or not and Bakinson is getting games with Semenyo getting minutes. 

I loved their performances today - stood up well to a fair bit of physical stuff well.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Who'd have thought that Vyner and Moore would both be in our back four a few months ago - and the same for Bakinson in midfield. Add in Semenyo up front and Joe Morrell to come in and the future is looking good.

Well done to those lads and also well done to Holden for having the trust in them, we don't have a lot to choose from at the back but he's consistently played these two so far regardless of Kalas fit or not and Bakinson is getting games with Semenyo getting minutes. 

I loved their performances today - stood up well to a fair bit of physical stuff well.

Quite, though I was a bit disappointed we sent Cam Pring on loan given we have only one natural left back and Tinman reckoned he was ready for the first team squad.

A minor point though. At last all the talk of the pathway is being turned into action.

It's really good to see.

Injuries and absentees have provided a window and these two have stepped right through it.

Vyner too, though older- he's doing fine, proving himself a reliable member of the squad, can be trusted at this level and the longer he plays producing steady displays, the more he'll be trusted to start- seeing young talent and flourishing at the first team level, it is very positive.

Archived