IGNORED

Bakinson - Bakeinson or Backinson

Dollymarie

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Minor thing, but I always thought Bakinson was pronounced “Bakeinson,” but the commentators today kept saying “Backinson.”

Does anyone know for definite how it’s said?

He's probably in your wardrobe so why not ask him ?

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Minor thing, but I always thought Bakinson was pronounced “Bakeinson,” but the commentators today kept saying “Backinson.”

Does anyone know for definite how it’s said?

Well it's not got the "e" after the k. So it explains itself really and is clear as the commentators pronounce it, as Back-in-son. 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well it's not got the "e" after the k. So it explains itself really and is clear as the commentators pronounce it, as Back-in-son. 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it generally is... Although currently in the middle of teaching a 6 year old to read, there are inexplicable anomalies with most rules of pronunciation..! 

The logic definitely doesn't follow.

Baking is pronounced how it is, but doesn't have the "e" after the k.

Normally you'd be looking for a double consonant for the hard a sound in "back", and just one consonant would suggest the longer sound of "bake".

But most from the club are using the "Back-inson" pronunciation, so I'm taking that as the proper way.

34 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I did say it was a minor thing, you don’t have to click on the thread :) 

We just won 2.0 away, top of the league,well 2nd, would have thought there were more pressing issues, that's all. I know its a woman thing, but you know what they are like on here, the debate could go on for ever, and still get it wrong, you have created a monster!

Archived