IGNORED

Reasons to be Cheerful [recording of Forever Bristol City Live Podcast 20 Sept.]

headhunter

Ian, Mark, DaveFevs & myself discuss the accomplished performance at Stoke where goals from Wells & Weimann maintained City's 100% start to the season.

We savour the individual displays from Bakinson, Mawson & Martin, plus players ratings overall.

Compliments all around for RobinsTV coverage and the expert analysis of Rene Gilmartin

We look forward to the Villa game and what else is in store before the first international break

Here's the link:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/reasons-to-be-cheerful-recording-of-live-podcast-20-september/ 

37 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Love the content.....

But the background noise/phone ringing etc is painful and ruins the listen for me. 

Acknowledge I need to adopt a more authoritarian stance on "no distractions" from my studio guests - it wasn't Ian, DaveFevs or myself this time.

Pleased you like the content - what aspects in particular

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Was it me or did Ian get a bit salty after someone suggested he is negative ?

Went off on one for a minute - great stuff  :laughcont:

He’s always incredibly negative.  Wonder how many times he will reference something he says he was right about as well on this episode!

”Well yes, XY and Z happened which of course I said would be the case two months ago”

Never highlights when he’s wrong though....

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Ian is a marmite character. He was actually very positive in his comments yesterday. People don't claim to like Piers Morgan and his opinions but they listen even if, like Ian, he states it as it is from his own perspective.

I feel Ian and DaveFevs complement each other.

And Ians comments / opinions are backed up with reasons, ( as are Fevs , Marks or Daves )

Im always interested in their views / opinions and their reasons

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Ian is a marmite character. He was actually very positive in his comments yesterday. People don't claim to like Piers Morgan and his opinions but they listen even if, like Ian, he states it as it is from his own perspective.

I feel Ian and DaveFevs complement each other.

Ian may be forthright, but he ałways presents objective, and evidenced based views, which are grounded in reality. Most of us fans are glass half full, or vice versa and find it hard to strike a balance. Ian rarely misses the target.

Me? I'm more emotional.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s always incredibly negative.  Wonder how many times he will reference something he says he was right about as well on this episode!

”Well yes, XY and Z happened which of course I said would be the case two months ago”

Never highlights when he’s wrong though....

It’s no different than posting on OTIB, criticising Weimann game after game, and then not posting when he has a decent game / scores a goal. ?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s no different than posting on OTIB, criticising Weimann game after game, and then not posting when he has a decent game / scores a goal. ?

It is different though.  If you constantly mention when you were correct then you should also mention when you were incorrect. Or alternatively do neither. 

Regarding Weimann, he was good on Saturday second half which I think I posted. Certainly said so to friends.  Was poor first half which you acknowledged.  He is consistently inconsistent.  What I won’t do is comment every game on every player. Weimann has generally been poor for a while in my opinion. Will take more than 45 minutes for him to make that up.  Hope he does as it seems he will be a permanent fixture in this team. 

Back to Ian, I’m not sure if he has any self awareness but the way he carries on is hilarious really.  Maybe he should listen back to some of the stuff he comes out with! 

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Acknowledge I need to adopt a more authoritarian stance on "no distractions" from my studio guests - it wasn't Ian, DaveFevs or myself this time.

Pleased you like the content - what aspects in particular

I really like it all- and don't want to sound at all negative, but the background noises really make it a tough listen- obviously Covid means its not possible to all be sat around 1 place (no fish puns please) for a recording etc.

Maybe a more controlled directing/passing of the questions would make it easier as well?!

I like Ian, and his views, (which might be against the grain) and feel he adds good value to the debate.

Keep it up! (just with everyone else on MUTE when they're not talking ;)!

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It is different though.  If you constantly mention when you were correct then you should also mention when you were incorrect. Or alternatively do neither. 

Regarding Weimann, he was good on Saturday second half which I think I posted. Certainly said so to friends.  Was poor first half which you acknowledged.  He is consistently inconsistent.  What I won’t do is comment every game on every player. Weimann has generally been poor for a while in my opinion. Will take more than 45 minutes for him to make that up.  Hope he does as it seems he will be a permanent fixture in this team. 

Back to Ian, I’m not sure if he has any self awareness but the way he carries on is hilarious really.  Maybe he should listen back to some of the stuff he comes out with! 

He highlighted that he was in no way in favour of DHs appointment,  IIRC , and said things were looking very promising

' Maybe he should listen back to some of the stuff he comes out with! '

Applies to posters on here too ehhhhh and the stuff they come out with .......................

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He highlighted that he was in no way in favour of DHs appointment,  IIRC , and said things were looking very promising

' Maybe he should listen back to some of the stuff he comes out with! '

Applies to posters on here too ehhhhh and the stuff they come out with .......................

I mentioned above I’d not listened yet. Maybe he’s slowly changing! 

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@headhunter I wonder if us participating could have a zoom running in the background so we can signal you?

I have ipad and iphone by my side so could have one on Podbean, one on zoom?

Worth a try. Might be an issue if there is a delay between audio and video on two separate platforms.

Archived