IGNORED

Team for Villa

Dolman_Stand

4 hours ago, daored said:

Agree with keeping the back three together, games will help with understanding especially as a new back three. Two league games until international break.

Would play Brunt, Nagy & Palmer in three midfield 

Must admit I forgot about Brunt!

I know it gets said a lot, but we do have a completely ridiculous amount of midfielders, the side I suggested enables us to rest all of Bakinson, Weimann & Paterson yet doesn’t include any of Williams, Walsh, Morrell or O’Dowda..

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know it gets said a lot, but we do have a completely ridiculous amount of midfielders, the side I suggested enables us to rest all of Bakinson, Weimann & Paterson yet doesn’t include any of Williams, Walsh, Morrell or O’Dowda..

Insane isn’t it! I personally don’t think Bakinson was part of Dean’s plans but injuries have meant he’s got the shirt and deserves to keep it. 

I'm not sure where O’Dowda fits in but I think we’ll look to keep him as cover for LWB. I will personally look to look out Massengo potentially to a championship club.

11 minutes ago, daored said:

Insane isn’t it! I personally don’t think Bakinson was part of Dean’s plans but injuries have meant he’s got the shirt and deserves to keep it. 

I'm not sure where O’Dowda fits in but I think we’ll look to keep him as cover for LWB. I will personally look to look out Massengo potentially to a championship club.

I am wondering what DH thinks of O'Dowda.   Or if DH can ultimately get the best out of him?

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I would go:

O'Leary

Sess, Vyner, Moore,  Rowe

Brunt, Massengo

Palmer                          Eliasson

Semenyo, Diedhiou

With some young'uns on the bench.

Spot on!!! That's a good mix and allows some tired legs a rest 

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Just playing devil's advocate here...

Are we wrongly assuming that the League Cup is a lower priority and therefore players will be rested?

Let's not forget 3 things:

1. Beating Villa leaves City a home game v probably Stoke, to qualify for a quarter final. That's a big deal for us and a chance for Holden to get big kudos.

2. A winning streak can't be taken for granted. Would we want to lose momentum and that winning feeling by messing about with the line up?

3. We only have 2 league games until an international break, so is resting players necessary?

As above. 

Players want to play and the league cup provides us with an opportunity to get everyone game time and put a few on show. We will be letting 3/4 go out until Christmas /permanently so let them play now. 

However our reserves are not bad and will give Villa a game. The back three is a difficult one as we are in pretty much the same position as last season at this time (Williams is available....just sayin’). 

The front two of FD and AS picks itself from the start. Chris Brunt will want game time particularly against Villa, the rest of the team would be similar to the Northampton game, barring knocks and/or offers. 

The back three you can argue either way, but these boys are just forming a partnership So should stay as a unit or you shift Tommy Rowe and/or Brunt in there. My thought is the three boys are fit and want to play then let them. There is a two week break in three games and a week between Shef Wed and NF. But who knows what the gaffer will do. As he has already stated he will sometimes make decisions based upon things that are not in the public domain, this is likely to be one of those times!!

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We've just invented a new game:

In 10 seconds, how many of City's 1st team midfielders can you name?

I bet most people would forget 1 of them!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

If all else fails Graham ,  we can go 

1-8-1 ,  later in season ( @Mr Popodopolous we'd definitely outnumber the opposition in middle of pitch !  ???)

19 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

For me 8 Changes;

.......................O'Leary

...........Vyner  Moore  Mawson

Sessegnon  Nagy  Massengo  Eliasson

......................Palmer

...........Semenyo  Diedhiou

Not sure if Morrell is available - maybe 20 minutes later on ?

Still a very good team.

I'm now thinking that the injuries of Kalas and Baker means playing all three centre backs against Villa might be a bit risky. So resting Mawson may be the prudent thing to do.

I would think that, as a one-off, Brunt may be able to step in at LCB, bags of experience should see him through and he's very comfortable on the ball.

.....................O'Leary

...........Vyner  Moore  Brunt

Sessegnon  Nagy  Massengo  Eliasson

......................Palmer

............Semenyo  Diedhiou

Strong second string with maybe Morrell getting some minutes later on.

19 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think we will see plenty of changes again to keep players involved and fresh other than the back three where unless we bring in a loan signing I expect it to be unchanged:

O'Leary

Vyner                 Mawson          Moore

Sessegnon                          Brunt                          Eliasson

Palmer                   Nagy

Diedhiou              Semenyo

17 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Rest Mawson. We can't afford another injured defender or one that's accumulated cardsThis !

We won't win the cup, we might do some.damage in this division

Don't ask me who will.be in our back line, but Mawson needs a rest

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Would expect Vyner, Moore & Mawson to start but everyone else who started yesterday to be rested.

So O’Leary, Sessegnon, Eliasson, Nagy, HNM, Palmer, Famara & Semenyo to come in.

I think you will be close @GrahamC, but I do worry about keeping our one fit, experienced CB healthy , so

O'Leary

Vyner      Moore.         Brunt

Sessegnon                                                            Eliasson

Palmer         Nagy          Massengo

Brunt has played LWB, not a big stretch to see him sit on the left of a 3, definitely has the build. I'm going to keep suggesting it until it happens. Plus, it did seem strange bringing in a midfield player when we already had 7,287

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I think you will be close @GrahamC, but I do worry about keeping our one fit, experienced CB healthy , so

O'Leary

Vyner      Moore.         Brunt

Sessegnon                                                            Eliasson

Palmer         Nagy          Massengo

Brunt has played LWB, not a big stretch to see him sit on the left of a 3, definitely has the build. I'm going to keep suggesting it until it happens. Plus, it did seem strange bringing in a midfield player when we already had 7,287

Think I’d rather play Rowe CB Instead of Brunt and play Brunt CM instead of Massengo. 

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Think I’d rather play Rowe CB Instead of Brunt and play Brunt CM instead of Massengo. 

I see Rowe as another we have to protect, JD still injured and no natural replacement , unless we use Brunt again.

Plus I'd want to give HNM minutes for a few reasons. If we want him to stay, as he will be a top player IMO, we need to give him games to keep him here. If he's not in DH's plans, he needs games to try and make the most of his value.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I see Rowe as another we have to protect, JD still injured and no natural replacement , unless we use Brunt again.

Plus I'd want to give HNM minutes for a few reasons. If we want him to stay, as he will be a top player IMO, we need to give him games to keep him here. If he's not in DH's plans, he needs games to try and make the most of his value.

I think Eliasson can definitely do a job at LWB, so not all would be lost but fair enough, I see your logic. However, I can honestly see us playing Rowe CB with the 2 younguns, Eliasson LWB and a midfield 3 of Nagy, Brunt and Palmer. 

11 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I think Eliasson can definitely do a job at LWB, so not all would be lost but fair enough, I see your logic. However, I can honestly see us playing Rowe CB with the 2 younguns, Eliasson LWB and a midfield 3 of Nagy, Brunt and Palmer. 

I personally don't like Eliasson at WB, but it doesn't matter so much in the cup. That would be a decent MF though.

As a team we'll need a back up style in case of injuries as current or chasing a scoreline so as good as any time to try something else out for 90 minutes, that in mind I'd probably look at 433

O'Leary

Sessegnon       Vyner            Moore          Rowe  

Palmer        Brunt        Nagy

Eliasson              Diedhiou        Semenyo

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

With Villa playing Fulham next in the Prem (Massive game even at this very early stage) I don't think they'll play a strong team against us. 

They've spent about £350m in the last 3 years, I'd hope with that outlay their 2nd string would be OK.

33 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

LRRR i like the look of your team. the only worry i have if we get a injury to a defender then we will be struggling going forward. 

We will be struggling going backward if we lose another defender.

This is not a personal attack Hampshire but where has this phrase ‘ going forward ‘ come from ?

It sounds like management jargon.

What’s wrong with ‘ in the future’ or ‘ could be ... struggling ‘ ? 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We will be struggling going backward if we lose another defender.

This is not a personal attack Hampshire but where has this phrase ‘ going forward ‘ come from ?

It sounds like management jargon.

What’s wrong with ‘ in the future’ or ‘ could be ... struggling ‘ ? 

That bugs me as well Major, so does the use of "decade or 2 decades or whatever", what's wrong with 10 or 20yrs ffs.

Archived