Dolman_Stand

14 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Mawson is doing the press conference so is clearly playing. My updated team is:

O'Leary 

Vyner Moore Mawson

Sessegnon Nagy Massengo Eliasson

Palmer

Semenyo Diedhiou 

I think this what I'd like to see. Maybe only change I'd make is Bakinson for Nagy. Would allow Massengo to be slightly more offensive. Harsh on Nagy perhaps and obviously he needs minutes to get match fit so wouldn't begrudge him playing.

I agree the 3 CBs need as much time playing as a group as possible so would keep it like that. 

56 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Mawson is doing the press conference so is clearly playing. My updated team is:

O'Leary 

Vyner Moore Mawson

Sessegnon Nagy Massengo Eliasson

Palmer

Semenyo Diedhiou 

I’ve seen the player doing the presser not get selected in the past, but I don’t think that’s the case this time.

Here is a Villa view:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/20820-pre-match-thread/page/2/

Interesting that they know we don’t like them, but don’t understand why. 
I agree - I don’t like them but can’t explain why...!!! (That’s despite my cousin hailing from Alvechurch and a lifelong Villa fan!!)

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

We'll just have to play 1 or 2 out of position. Just can't afford to lose any of those 3. The cup isn't the priority.

The only one who I could see dropping back into the 3 would be Bakinson but he is arguably just as important at the moment and would also be due a rest. I think we will go with the Maswon, Moore and Vyner combo for Thursday and Sunday and if we progress then hopeully Kalas or Dasilva could be back for the 4th round or maybe some of the midfielderswhich may allow Rowe to drop into defence temporarily.

7 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

The only one who I could see dropping back into the 3 would be Bakinson but he is arguably just as important at the moment and would also be due a rest. I think we will go with the Maswon, Moore and Vyner combo for Thursday and Sunday and if we progress then hopeully Kalas or Dasilva could be back for the 4th round or maybe some of the midfielderswhich may allow Rowe to drop into defence temporarily.

Brunt.

we'll rest a few as well as play one or two to get them into the shop window. Plus after Grealish and Mings there's no stand-out captain so wouldn't be surprised if one or both start. But

Nyland (but prefer Steer)

Elmohamady   Hause   Mings   Taylor  

Lansbury   Ramsey   Hourihane 

Traore   Davis El Ghazi

subs:

Steer (Martinez for pens)

Konsa

Targett

Grealish

McGinn

Jota

Watkins

On 22/09/2020 at 11:47, TammyAB said:

O’Leary

Vyner Moore Mawson

Sessegnon Nagy Brunt Palmer Eliasson

Semenyo Diedhiou

Bentley Rowe Towler Bakinson Massengo Wells Martin

This was the team in the latest Failand Uncut video training, so think this is the likeliest line up!

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'll answer my own question...

"The guys who played in the last round against Northampton Town played really well so will get another opportunity"

The team that started was;

..............................O'Leary

..................Vyner Kalas Mawson

...... Sessegnon Bakinson Palmer Nagy Eliasson 

.....................Semenyo, Martin

Kalas is out and will he play Martin and Bakinson ?

Maybe - looks strong enough.

53 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I think the main question for me is do we play Bakinson or not. He's been amazing but surely needs some recovery time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nagy/Brunt paired with HNM in the middle; which I think would be great for Massengo; give him a little more freedom.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Big opportunity for Kasey tonight.

Its great seeing him play so well last week. But to do it against Villa will be far more impressive and may give Holden something to think about with who to start in league games.

Forgetting the league for a mo’, gonna be an interesting team selection.

I think there are some “sure things”, (at least in our heads ?) like Sessegnon for Hunt, Diedhiou and Semenyo for Martin and Wells, but for me Massengo and Nagy got rested but still travelled on Sunday, suggesting they will play.  That probably means Brunt won’t start in DM.  If Holden wants to start him to get minutes then a compromise is needed elsewhere.  Either he leaves out Nagy or Massengo, or someone like Eliasson at LWB.

Probably as tough a team choice as a league game.  Good problems, and I’m looking forward to seeing the starting eleven later.

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

I think the main question for me is do we play Bakinson or not. He's been amazing but surely needs some recovery time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nagy/Brunt paired with HNM in the middle; which I think would be great for Massengo; give him a little more freedom.

I like that ?

58 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wouldn't completely surprise me if Holden experiments with Brunt left side in the back 3.

We can then play Massengo, Nagy and Palmer in midfield

I hope Eliasson is at left wing back again.

Yes, that was the sort of compromise I was suggesting.

Archived