IGNORED

Highlights? City Player?

Lordofthebling

11 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Are the highlights now always on YouTube of are they also on the app too, via Robins Player?  I know last season, we had highlights, extended highlights and even the full 90 as options, but cant seem to find anything for this season on my app.  Would love to watch yesterday's game again!

Yep. We used to get highlights through relatively quickly. Then extended highlights the next day, then 2 days after the match we’d get the Full 90. 

Now, we get under 10 minutes of highlights, which includes about 2 minutes of the teams walking out and lining up. 

It’s crap. We need to get the full 90 available to everyone again. We can’t watch the ******* game at the moment and they’ve actually ‘removed’ content. Unreal!! 

I asked a few weeks ago on twitter why they didn’t do the Full 90 any more and was told “it takes ages to upload”. 

What a jip! 

I asked the SC&T to ask the club to start adding the Full 90 again. Have they responded @Blagdon red

And another thing. 
The App is terrible. This morning it told me our next game was away at Rotherham. Now it’s saying we’re up against QPR next!! 
And the future fixtures show no dates or times - you know, the kinda stuff you’d expect as standard from a fixture list!! 

90CBB2A4-C363-43AE-B459-391C213E8304.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

Cheers Dave. 
When they say “on demand”, do they mean “at a cost”? When before this was a free service? 

I’d hope they’re not looking at charging for this now. 

Out of interest, would you pay £10 to have access to the full-game for say 7 days, and watch it whenever you like.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, would you pay £10 to have access to the full-game for say 7 days, and watch it whenever you like.

I like the idea of having access to the full game for 7 days ( as many 'watches' as you want) once you've paid. I wanted to watch the Cov game, well first 20 minutes, would have been handy. I would only want to watch the full 90 live, never liked watching the whole game later or after the fact, I always end up FF to our attacks/goals.

44 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

I wonder if people who think the expression is "working progress" ever stop to wonder what the acronym "WIP" stands for ?

They're not the same. WIP means stuff is being done towards the goal.

"It's a Working Process" points out that to make progress, work will be necessary.

It's possible they can't be bothered with the work thing, so no progress will be made.

e.g. "No way! Don't you realise that lots of work would be involved to achieve that."

Could be???????

16 minutes ago, MJP3 said:

They're not the same. WIP means stuff is being done towards the goal.

"It's a Working Process" points out that to make progress, work will be necessary.

It's possible they can't be bothered with the work thing, so no progress will be made.

e.g. "No way! Don't you realise that lots of work would be involved to achieve that."

Could be???????

WIP stands for Work In Progress. "Working progress" is a mishearing of the latter, like "grasp the nettle" or "pouring over".

I'm not sure where you got "working process" from, but that's something else entirely, which could be taken to mean "the way in which the work is carried out", or, less likely, "a correctly functioning process" in order to distinguish it from one not functioning correctly. Anyway, I'm boring myself now

38 minutes ago, MJP3 said:

Sorry. The sarcastic pedant in me was agreeing with you and applauding your hurt.

Perhaps my large consumption of Stella this afternoon doesn't make me as amusing as I think.

Ah, now I see. I'm sure you are hilarious in person! On the other hand, my recent abstinence from alcohol clearly makes me a dull boy. I'm off to open a bottle of wine before I re-enact The Shining

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

Are they praising us or criticising the Potters?

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For something that used to be free to everyone, for as long as you wanted, no. 
Especially since the reason is “we can’t be bothered to load it up” rather than a financial one. 

4 hours ago, Porto Red said:

WIP stands for Work In Progress. "Working progress" is a mishearing of the latter, like "grasp the nettle" or "pouring over".

I'm not sure where you got "working process" from, but that's something else entirely, which could be taken to mean "the way in which the work is carried out", or, less likely, "a correctly functioning process" in order to distinguish it from one not functioning correctly. Anyway, I'm boring myself now

Perhaps I have 'misheard', but surely to grasp the nettle means exactly what is sounds like....

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Perhaps I have 'misheard', but surely to grasp the nettle means exactly what is sounds like....

Well. I am hoist by my own petard. I have always heard, read and been taught that "mettle" is correct. So I looked up a nice link to answer you by. And in what feels very much like an example of the Mandela Effect, apparently everyone, including obscure sources I've long coveted, have always said that it's "nettle". So, I feel chastened, and not a little afraid.

Perhaps a better example, and one we can all agree on, might be Rovers' "peddle"-operated turnstiles...

8 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Well. I am hoist by my own petard. I have always heard, read and been taught that "mettle" is correct. So I looked up a nice link to answer you by. And in what feels very much like an example of the Mandela Effect, apparently everyone, including obscure sources I've long coveted, have always said that it's "nettle". So, I feel chastened, and not a little afraid.

Perhaps a better example, and one we can all agree on, might be Rovers' "peddle"-operated turnstiles...

You are not the only one, I am sure, who has been convinced for years that their understanding of well known expressions is (erroneously) correct.

In addition to the oft-quoted of/have; your, you're; there, their, they're, one of my pet hates is 'tow' the line as opposed to 'toe': if one takes the time to understand the meaning of the expression, it becomes quite apparent. 

On 22/09/2020 at 11:39, Harry said:

And another thing. 
The App is terrible. This morning it told me our next game was away at Rotherham. Now it’s saying we’re up against QPR next!! 
And the future fixtures show no dates or times - you know, the kinda stuff you’d expect as standard from a fixture list!! 

90CBB2A4-C363-43AE-B459-391C213E8304.jpeg

Today’s App update. 
We’re now playing Derby next and I still don’t know what date we’re playing Forest ... 

E01B8D87-A155-430C-9242-480CF1D24832.jpeg

Archived