IGNORED

£100m player

Shtanley

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Guys most of your podcasts ive listened to, have been players from the same era.

Do you ever interview players, from the 80s or 90s at all?

Cheers,

Have you listened to the Jonathan Pearce interview, he talks about players from around then?

I find it slightly daunting an interview with a player before my time, we’ve had many say they’re interested tho!

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Cheers stan, il take a listen.

Guys from that era, we dont get to hear about, john bailey, glenn humpries, mark gavin, andy leaning to name a few.

Sure everybodys got some players they want to talk.

Bob Taylor, Gary Shelton & Carl Shutt from that era & Keith Welch (if he was up to it?) would be 4 I’d be interested to hear from. Along with Joe Jordan would be some I’d love to hear from.

26 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Have you listened to the Jonathan Pearce interview, he talks about players from around then?

I find it slightly daunting an interview with a player before my time, we’ve had many say they’re interested tho!

If you're asking questions rather than answering, should it be so daunting?

On 22/09/2020 at 09:46, Alessandro said:

Interesting debate r.e LJ vs Holden and youth players. Some very good points made I thought;

I'd been chatting about this before the podcast with a mate though and I wonder if there has been a bit of a perfect storm for some of these development players - in that Holden's hand might have been forced somewhat.

1) Transfer kitty has been tightened so those awful short term signings (blight of LJ era) were not coming in to block the pathway, even if Holden wanted that or not. Door now more ajar for some younger players.

2) Would Vyner and Moore played the games they had if Baker and Kalas been injured? Even taking into account rotation, Holden does seem to like consistency, especially at the back.

3) Again, if Williams wasn't injured or Morrell and Nagy on international duty, would Bakinson have played as much?

4) If Famara had signed his contract, would Semenyo have been sent on loan? Add to the mix Weimann has been needed in midfield so that created another space. Would we have kept all five of Wells, Martin, Fam, Semenyo and Weimann busy?

We're yet to see if Walsh and Morrell will oust Weimann or Pato. Those two seem undroppable already. Trusted players, we'll see.

Or maybe the plan was always that these guys were getting their chance this season. Was LJ holding them back or were they not quite ready? (he did give majority of them their debuts after all). We will probably never have a definitive answer for that and we still need more time to see how they get on over a longer period of games. Early signs seem that the approach of the new coaching staff could be facilitating them better, but this season is also probably the perfect one for a young player to get experience and make mistakes without the pressure of the crowd.

I said 3/4 years ago the hope with the clubs strategy would be that one season we will see a group of our youngsters all come of age at the same time. Is this the season each of Vyner, Moore, Bakinson, Morrell, Walsh, Semenyo use the experience of their loan spells and take the chance they've got this season with us. If they do, could be an exciting one.

Great point that. :clapping:

So much in football is about how things just fall into place. That's part of what makes it such a compelling sport.

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes shelton great shout.

Shutt too, he played at the top.

Hat trick at the nou camp, dont get no better than that.

He got one of the best receptions ive seen, when he came back, think he was manager of a team, last time?

I’d also like to hear from Dave Smith but I don’t think he ever said a word when he played for us, so chances that he’s ever spoken since are pretty slim?

And for personal reasons & nothing to do with your name, I’d also like to hear from Louie Donowa, I lost contact with him a few years back.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes shelton great shout.

Shutt too, he played at the top.

Hat trick at the nou camp, dont get no better than that.

He got one of the best receptions ive seen, when he came back, think he was manager of a team, last time?

It certainly wouldn't get much better than that, but, unfortunately, it never happened!

Carl Shutt did score at the Nou Camp, however; the winning goal after coming on as a substitute against Stuttgart in a European Cup replay (of sorts). 

I remember being quite disappointed when he left for Leeds, but he was exchanged for some chap by the name of Bob Taylor.

Archived