IGNORED

Holden - Classy???

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

after that.

When did said "We've got a signed league shirt for you and a little....."  but the video stopped

Yep, definitely sounded like something else was going to be presented. Squad signed, framed photo of the occasion?

Either that or Amazon vouchers, eveyone is happy with those.

54 minutes ago, Street red said:

That's how you motivate and a classy touch from Holden ,Think you might say good man management.

It's old school and costs practically nothing, but he'll remember that forever. What a moment.

And what a fantastic way to build a culture & "identity" - you don't need powerpoints and grass measurements all the time. 

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

So we don't know if this sort of thing happened before. What's interesting is that we're deliberately filming it and showing it now. It's good publicity. Good propaganda.

???? All hail Robins state TV! ????

We're definitely gonna get footage of Holden tearing into them. right?

Jokes aside I think it's smart for a number of reasons to show stuff like this. Shows potential recruits how they'll be treated, evidence of the pathway for young players considering signing with us. No one is going to look at this footage and think it makes anyone look bad.

Next up on Robins state TV is Jack Hunt outrunning a cheetah while cuddling some kittens.

I bet he could as well! Like @RedEyez, I don't want to get carried away, but I am sure he will agree that Jack Hunt is definitely better than Trent Alexander-Arnold!

2 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Definitely quicker than “Tyreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeq“

Ooh, I don’t know...

”Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Is that a tent,just saying?

Presumably at the training ground? Could be a temporary measure until we move to the new one - honestly don't know.

Difference between us and "someone else" is that we WILL move into a new facility, and that one won't have any tents. "Someone else" will end up putting up more tents and try to double their capacity.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't tried putting more tents on top of the existing ones to improve the ground.....

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

Presumably at the training ground? Could be a temporary measure until we move to the new one - honestly don't know.

Difference between us and "someone else" is that we WILL move into a new facility, and that one won't have any tents. "Someone else" will end up putting up more tents and try to double their capacity.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't tried putting more tents on top of the existing ones to improve the ground.....

Probably temporary due to sharing the existing facility with QEH ?

Bit of distancing going on maybe ?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

after that.

When did said "We've got a signed league shirt for you and a little....."  but the video stopped

Video from your family perhaps? 

From the presser:

"It was his matchday shirt [handed to him at the training ground today by the squad, with an accompanying video of his family]. It’s a big moment for a young player to get his full league debut.

It takes a hell of a lot of work to become a professional in the first place, and to then go and make your debut in a big game against Stoke against a player like Mikel. I thought he was outstanding on the day. He’s a brilliant character. I don’t think there’s any question that he’s going to get ahead of himself.

He’s as relaxed as they come. He’s horizontal. He’s calm and he comes from a great family. We’re really pleased with him and he’s got a big career in front of him as long as he keeps doing the right things and he’s enjoying working with the staff. The players love him to bits.

He can be really pleased with his performance and now it’s about what he does next - and I keep saying to the players it’s about what we do next."

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The players all call him that. Heard them all calling him 'T' in Tampa last summer. Guess it's quicker to shout when playing.

Found amongst Mr T’s quotes, so he could be our Mister T!

3 hours ago, Street red said:

That's how you motivate and a classy touch from Holden ,Think you might say good man management.

If LJ was still in charge he would probably have bought TB out in front of the squad, told him how well he played and that his reward was another loan to Plymouth. 

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Yep, definitely sounded like something else was going to be presented. Squad signed, framed photo of the occasion?

Either that or Amazon vouchers, eveyone is happy with those.

Was a video message from Tyreeq’s brother and father.  Nice touch.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

I am going for food vouchers or yellow goalkeeper’s socks .

:yes:

1 hour ago, Colemanballs said:

I was as sceptical about Holden's appointment as most but I have to say that he is turning me around very quickly. 

Like a record baby. 

Serious question - does this tradition still stand if a player makes his debut in a match where we get smashed 5-0?

I love Holden and am over the moon at how it's all going, but it's easy when you're winning. We'll find out what Holden is really like when we lose 3 on the spin. (Statistically it's going to happen at some point, that's just football) When we see how he responds to bad results, and even bad performances; that's when we'll find out how good this appointment is. Personally, I'm optimistic about it; he seems like a realist and very pragmatic.

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am going for food vouchers or yellow goalkeeper’s socks .

:yes:

Like a record baby. 

With the pandemic I've been worrying whether you were dead or alive.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was a video message from Tyreeq’s brother and father.  Nice touch.

The video message said  “Tyreeq, can you  tell the bloody OTIB posters it’s Bakinson ?" 

7 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Serious question - does this tradition still stand if a player makes his debut in a match where we get smashed 5-0?

I love Holden and am over the moon at how it's all going, but it's easy when you're winning. We'll find out what Holden is really like when we lose 3 on the spin. (Statistically it's going to happen at some point, that's just football) When we see how he responds to bad results, and even bad performances; that's when we'll find out how good this appointment is. Personally, I'm optimistic about it; he seems like a realist and very pragmatic.

We didn’t lose 5-0 so nobody knows the answer to your question. The gesture itself is great. That’s good enough for me.

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It's old school and costs practically nothing, but he'll remember that forever. What a moment.

And what a fantastic way to build a culture & "identity" - you don't need powerpoints and grass measurements all the time. 

Saw Lampard doing something similar at Derby a couple of years ago. Encouragement is the key… no ? involved

46 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Reads like you want him to fail?

Its in our best interest he gets off to a great start and lays the foundations for a positive environment.

Lets deal with the adversity when we have to.

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

If LJ was still in charge he would probably have bought TB out in front of the squad, told him how well he played and that his reward was another loan to Plymouth. 

I think that's how he used to do it to several players "You played well son here's a Torquay shirt off you go"

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What. A. Human.

Very obvious that this was inspired by the last couple of minutes of the press conference linked above, and that someone in media/comms has gone "ooh that would be great PR if we put out a video thanking the fans for their support, go on Dean, say what you just said again but different" and Dean, slightly exasperated, has gone "Jesus, alright then" 

Archived