IGNORED

Holden - Classy???

Davefevs

14 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Very obvious that this was inspired by the last couple of minutes of the press conference linked above, and that someone in media/comms has gone "ooh that would be great PR if we put out a video thanking the fans for their support, go on Dean, say what you just said again but different" and Dean, slightly exasperated, has gone "Jesus, alright then" 

Maybe. I am normally quite cynical about this sort of thing, but there's something about his unpolished vibe that I don't mind. I think it's a harmless little thing from the club and if it cheers a couple of people up then it's good.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Maybe. I am normally quite cynical about this sort of thing, but there's something about his unpolished vibe that I don't mind. I think it's a harmless little thing from the club and if it cheers a couple of people up then it's good.

Oh absolutely. I like it too. But I would bet anything it happened more or less as I said.

9 hours ago, 'Orns said:

Outstanding human

Love stuff like that though. Been so impressed with Deano, we'll only know the true side of him when the losses start - and we all know they will in this brute of a league

Yeah agreed, however: that may not be until next season when we face the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool week in week out ??‍♂️???

I like the way he also mentions “those of you travelling with us on the away days”. He’s said previously that he spent all the money he had and some that he didn’t have following Man City as a teenager. Does feel like he gets what it’s like to be a fan which I’m not sure you can say about all managers. 

8 minutes ago, allyolly said:

I like the way he also mentions “those of you travelling with us on the away days”. He’s said previously that he spent all the money he had and some that he didn’t have following Man City as a teenager. Does feel like he gets what it’s like to be a fan which I’m not sure you can say about all managers. 

I think you will find it was MAN UTD.

10 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Serious question - does this tradition still stand if a player makes his debut in a match where we get smashed 5-0?

I love Holden and am over the moon at how it's all going, but it's easy when you're winning. We'll find out what Holden is really like when we lose 3 on the spin. (Statistically it's going to happen at some point, that's just football) When we see how he responds to bad results, and even bad performances; that's when we'll find out how good this appointment is. Personally, I'm optimistic about it; he seems like a realist and very pragmatic.

If he had played well, I don’t see why not, especially if he had been the one bright spark in the game for example. As to your second point I am sure there will be dips, it’s a tough league after all, but I am hopeful that with the two experienced coaches he has behind him there will be enough ideas on how to turn things around quickly.

Struth.

I too was a massive critic of the appointment but everyday Deano comes out with a new statement that is music to my ears.

Today’s ...

‘I don’t care about possession stats, it’s the number of chances we create and how clinical we are’

Rub me olde thighs vigorously and all that. 

Maybe that’s what MA and JL we’re doing at the interview..... which led to MA’s ‘vigorous’ rather than ‘rigorous’ error. 

I know it’s just a start, but the humble pie has never tasted so good. 

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Today’s presser from media whore Deano!!!

Holden not quite got into the swing of jousting with Gregorface, who to his credit is asserting himself nicely. He has Holden fidgeting and clearly doing a lot of mental arithmetic about what to say and not to say. Obviously, he'll get more comfortable with experience but he's not a natural.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Holden not quite got into the swing of jousting with Gregorface, who to his credit is asserting himself nicely. He has Holden fidgeting and clearly doing a lot of mental arithmetic about what to say and not to say. Obviously, he'll get more comfortable with experience but he's not a natural.

Didn't see it that way at all tbh.

Each to his own, but that seemed a pretty normal interview to me.

Archived