IGNORED

Alfie Mawson - pre-match v Villa

Davefevs

I'm not convinced the man can smile but I thought he spoke really well. He seems like a leader and seems like he might have a mean streak in him which is something we've missed. I'm hoping Fulham cannot recall him in January as based on their defence to date, and his recent performances, he should be getting in their squad. 

10 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I'm not convinced the man can smile but I thought he spoke really well. He seems like a leader and seems like he might have a mean streak in him which is something we've missed. I'm hoping Fulham cannot recall him in January as based on their defence to date, and his recent performances, he should be getting in their squad. 

I’d suggest there’s a massive difference between Northampton & Stoke to Arsenal & Leeds?

15 minutes ago, Coppello said:

In fairness we have not seen much of him, but he seems a good defender and footballer, thanks to Robins TV. I found it interesting what he said about the spine of the side with him, Brunt, and Martin.  You know my doom has vanished after the well documented history over DH and so disappointed no one can see what’s occurring in front of us with our own eyes.  Bloody COVID 

52 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I might be wrong, but I didn't think you could have recall anymore, not for league clubs.

16 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I might be wrong, but I didn't think you could have recall anymore, not for league clubs.

55.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the Winter Transfer Window;

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

The rules are the same for the Prem.

Great mindset and seems to be thriving in the environment.

Love the fact he’s happy to chat away and is pretty open.

Gives the impression the atmosphere is positive and this is being seen on the pitch too.

We had many of the components last season but the culture being created had lost its energy & enthusiasm.

Spoke well of Deano in persuading him to come on board.   

He could very easily have settled for life as a squad player at Fulham with the occasional Prem start.  It says slot about him that he wanted play regular football instead.  

Must've had alot of suitors so the fact he chose City is another marker as to how far we have come as a club and how well regarded we are.  Once the new training ground is complete - which where they player spend the bulk of their time - we'll be an even bigger draw.

Apart from anything else the surrounding at Failand are stunning too.   Even got a golf club next door.  

9 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Once the new training ground is complete - which where they player spend the bulk of their time - we'll be an even bigger draw.

Living on the waterfront at either Portishead or in the centre of Bristol and having that short commute to Failand every day must be a pretty appealing lifestyle too, 

4 hours ago, bris red said:

Good interview. Been hugely impressed with him so far. The way he carrys the ball out of defence is so assuring. Early days obviously but i think we could have a better version of Webster on our hands.

Interesting that both of them arrived here with big question marks concerning their fitness.

What's it all about Alfie?.........  Well it's all about a motivated honest guy. who seems genuinely pleased to be here?  I hope he turns out to be the leader and the quality defender we have needed ever since Webster left.........Can't help but be impressed, this guy could end up being a legend, if things work out?

People are going waaaaay over the top.

Great player yes, injury prone yes. Nobody has denied he can be great, but he hasn't for a a good few years.

He definitely has the potential to be very good here, but recent history (more recent than the last 2 games) says otherwise.

Depressing or realist? 

36 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

People are going waaaaay over the top.

Great player yes, injury prone yes. Nobody has denied he can be great, but he hasn't for a a good few years.

He definitely has the potential to be very good here, but recent history (more recent than the last 2 games) says otherwise.

Depressing or realist? 

What has he done since Sunday? 

Archived