IGNORED

Colston Hall renamed as the Bristol Beacon

Spoons

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

They could/should have got a big company to sponsor the hall like the O2. 

Unless it was The North Street Olive & Quinoa Cafe, then it’s likely a company sponsor would have some kind of historical slavery / holocaust / misogynystic/ homophobe / animal cruelty / paedaphilic link. ?

15 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

It will still be known as the Colston Hall, just like all the other various places where the Colston name appears in Bristol. This is just an attempt to make it look like we are trying to erase history to please the few.

For 30 years yes, until people growing up only know it as the new name.

It's not erasing history, it's only celebrating worthy parts. History cannot be erased, but you can learn from it.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Unless it was The North Street Olive & Quinoa Cafe, then it’s likely a company sponsor would have some kind of historical slavery / holocaust / misogynystic/ homophobe / animal cruelty / paedaphilic link. ?

For clarity (as there’s a couple of confused / sad reactions), I was attempting a bit of a light-hearted joke at the ‘cancel-culture’ and how hard it might be to find a ‘pure’ brand without any sort of ‘chequered’ history. 
Not a very good joke, I acknowledge, but certainly no malice intended (hence my ‘shifty’ emoji on the original post). 
?

Archived