IGNORED

FIFA 21

Eastside Moonwalker

After enjoying the first couple of weeks on FIFA 20, I've ended up thinking it's the worst one ever. 

No enjoyment from it, the game play is far too slow. My record on seasons is something like 30-1 but I just cba to play it enough to get into Div 1 and win it.

Pro Clubs is the main game mode I play, and even though they're adding in 1 or 2 things next year, it's still nothing up to what they could really do with it.

Ultimate team is pay to win & I refuse to do that. 

Got fifa 20 which was the first fifa I'd bought for a few years. Noticed some changes. 

Miles and Miles into my Bristol City career mode. Massengo is my only survivor from the original team. I did have Jay Dasilva up until 2 seasons ago but sold him for £120 million to man city. 

Signed some French left winger  regen on a free transfer at the start of my 3rd or 4th season I think it was. Stuck him up front due to injuries and realised he was better up front and he's now 99 rated. Never had that before on a fifa game. Don't normally hang around that long to see them develop that far. Massengo and tonali as cm's ????

Will probably give 21 a miss. Unless this thread goes mad on how amazing it is then I'll consider it. But I doubt that will happen. 

I tend to get one every few years, otherwise there really is no difference in them. Also finding that I have less and less free time to sit down and play anything, and with our first baby on the way I can't see that changing anytime soon :laugh:

Also read in the last few days that there will be no demo released this year. Make of that what you will.

To be honest, unless I come across it on marketplace for a stupidly low price, then I doubt I will get this one. I have 20, and haven't played that that much really. I've just downloaded Pro Evo on gamepass (don't usually like the Pro Evo series as much) but haven't got round to playing it yet. 

I'll give it a miss this year.

16 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Said I wasn't going to buy '20, then bought it in a sale and it convinced me not to buy Fifa moving forward until there truly is a massive overhaul of career mode.

It is truly shocking and has gotten worse. Transfers take a decade. FM over Fifa career mode any day 

On 23/09/2020 at 14:22, Carey 6 said:

After enjoying the first couple of weeks on FIFA 20, I've ended up thinking it's the worst one ever. 

No enjoyment from it, the game play is far too slow. My record on seasons is something like 30-1 but I just cba to play it enough to get into Div 1 and win it.

Pro Clubs is the main game mode I play, and even though they're adding in 1 or 2 things next year, it's still nothing up to what they could really do with it.

Ultimate team is pay to win & I refuse to do that. 

Pro Clubs is a fantastic concept and could be made into something really good, instead because it makes no additional money they don’t bother. Sad really

Bearing in mind there’s a new console this year, I can’t see much effort being put into current gen version this year so not expecting many improvements in game play. Interested to see if there’s any substantial difference in next gen game play - at the start of PS4 fifa made a bit of a resurgence in quality 

Every year, I say I won't buy it and then I start building my team for the next game on the web app, and I end up buying it. I'm still waiting to see some gameplay for 21, but I think we'll get some of that later today, as EA play is out later on. That will probably help me decide fully on whether to get this year's edition. However, every game since Fifa 17 has been below par and I'm really hoping the gameplay this year is much better than it has been, for the last few years. 

21 hours ago, 97Red said:

Every year, I say I won't buy it and then I start building my team for the next game on the web app, and I end up buying it. I'm still waiting to see some gameplay for 21, but I think we'll get some of that later today, as EA play is out later on. That will probably help me decide fully on whether to get this year's edition. However, every game since Fifa 17 has been below par and I'm really hoping the gameplay this year is much better than it has been, for the last few years. 

Might sign up to that, as far as I can see it's £3.99 for a month and 10 hour trial of the game? SHould know in 10 hours how different it is to last year if at all.

I was hoping the next gen version might see some advancements but I don't think it will. Same game with slightly better graphics, might have to wait til next year to see if any new game engine or major revamp happens

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Might sign up to that, as far as I can see it's £3.99 for a month and 10 hour trial of the game? SHould know in 10 hours how different it is to last year if at all.

I was hoping the next gen version might see some advancements but I don't think it will. Same game with slightly better graphics, might have to wait til next year to see if any new game engine or major revamp happens

I'm debating getting EA play as well, and yes, you get 10 hours playtime of FIFA 21 and whatever you do in that time will carry over to the full game. I just think you need to uninstall FIFA 20, before installing FIFA 21 via EA Play. 

From watching a bit of YouTube last night, the gameplay looks even slower than last years, but I will reserve judgement until actually playing the game myself. 

I only really play Ultimate Team so I can't say much for how the other game modes have changed but after a few days of playing so far, other than the menus being trickier to navigate, I can't really feel or see much difference in the game at all. Concerning as last years was probably the worst FIFA I've played - I gave up on that one before the turn of the year, even lockdown didn't tempt me back! 

No doubt they'll play around with the game play over the coming weeks after official release anyway so we'll see what it turns out like by the time the first Weekend League takes place. 

Archived