IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

GTFABM

1 minute ago, DaveInSA said:

Just saying. Isn't it amazing what a little freedom can do for players.

Can you imagine if he was actually allowed to shoot playing for BCFC?

Isn't it amazing what a bit of freedom can do for players ? :laugh:.

Yea imagine if he'd been allowed to shoot against Cardiff. Might have scored a goal like that

4 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

He certainly had enough freedom to knock the ball a few yards ahead of him & have absolutely no one putting any pressure on him. Still a fantastic hit, mind.

Was my first thought when I saw it, his eyes must have lit up when he realised no one was coming to challenge him.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Yea imagine if he'd been allowed to shoot against Cardiff. Might have scored a goal like that

Our only goal from outside the box last season under LJ.

33 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

To be fair to LJ, I don't think Jb was restricted from shooting 

Let's not blame LJ for everything. He made mistakes, we all do.

Look at the positives, he grew a player who was able to step up to the Prem

I do think it was a general policy to not take long shots in open play, xG / low percentage, etc etc.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Our only goal from outside the box last season under LJ.

I do think it was a general policy to not take long shots in open play, xG / low percentage, etc etc.

Says it all.

The players definitely seemed to be inhibited from shooting from distance last season under LJ and you can only assume it was a policy he dictated.

Brownhill probably would have got an earful for taking the shot if his effort against Cardiff had been high and wide.

Jesus, Brownhill shot from just about everywhere, including somehow ending up our free kick taker despite regularly smashing them into the South Stand/Atyeo. 
Yes he scored a couple, and a couple of long range beauties but don’t make out like Johnson had a leash on his shooting from distance because it’s absolute garbage. 

Archived