IGNORED

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

Septic Peg

Hello. 

Firstly, may I apologise for my absence last Saturday, I knew you were in good hands with my comrade Fevs @Davefevs and I know there are some on here whom prefer his threads (ahem @Phileas Fogg - loves you Foggy!!) but I'm here tonight.

So the return of the JT trousersnake tonight. 

We haven't played Villa since they went up two seasons ago but some of their faces will be familiar in midfielders McGinn and Hourihane and eternal Brylcreem Boy - Jack Grealish.

New additions include Roverzzzz reject Tyrone Mings and ex Brentford star Ollie Watkins.

As expected, Villa struggled in their first season back in the PL, finishing 17th and just outside of the relegation zone. That doesn't mean they're pushovers although they will expect us to crumble tonight......

But how can we? Gillingham in R4? The Football Gods have prophesied it. 2-1 City. Wells brace. Grealish from the bench for Villa.

COYRS!

Edit: Fevs informs me that Gills are out. So it's Stoke in R4. Let's hope the Football Gods haven't noticed lolz

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice one Peg.  Couldn’t be arsed to do a Villa “What can we expect”, been working on a bumper Sheffield Wednesday one instead.

Gillingham got knocked out by Stoke, so if we do progress, we already know what to expect ?

Fooooooook. Shows how much attention I pay. :laugh:. Sodding Stoke. Lols

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

7 PM kick off, just in case a few if you (me included) hadn’t realised it’s not your usual 7.45!

Condensed Version

Villa:

Up against the serial shagger and the greaseball. Have a new player who is Minging.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice one Peg.  Couldn’t be arsed to do a Villa “What can we expect”, been working on a bumper Sheffield Wednesday one instead.

Gillingham got knocked out by Stoke, so if we do progress, we already know what to expect ?

Bring it on big boy !!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

7 PM kick off, just in case a few if you (me included) hadn’t realised it’s not your usual 7.45!

That passed me by as well, so ta for that.

I would probably have missed the first half - time will tell if that would've been a good thing or not :)

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Time well spent IMO. Not sure how I'll be able to watch what with being abroad. Has anyone tried using a VPN to trick "Carabao Live" into thinking you're in the UK. Recently a few services (iPlayer and Sky) have edged ahead in the VPN arms race so I'd just check before paying a tenner. Assume it'll be on the less official streams as well of course.

£10 to watch on the Carabao site and not on RobinsTV in case anyone didn't know. For those with moths coming out of their wallets, Hesgoal has been streaming all the EFL Cup games so far. Commentary will be from Radio Brizzle.

I hope we can continue our winning start to the season and listen to JT and his cronies all have a moan about how unfortunate they were after.

I think I read somewhere but the brylcreem boy was not expected to start tonight.  Something about having strained a muscle in his mouth, I think.

Prediction: City 2 Arseholes 1.  Martin and Bakinson to get the goals

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ah,  we  know what to expect on a sunny Sunday afternoon in Stoke,but do we know what to expect on wet Tuesday/Wednesday night?

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello. 

Firstly, may I apologise for my absence last Saturday, I knew you were in good hands with my comrade Fevs @Davefevs and I know there are some on here whom prefer his threads (ahem @Phileas Fogg - loves you Foggy!!) but I'm here tonight.

So the return of the JT trousersnake tonight. 

We haven't played Villa since they went up two seasons ago but some of their faces will be familiar in midfielders McGinn and Hourihane and eternal Brylcreem Boy - Jack Grealish.

New additions include Roverzzzz reject Tyrone Mings and ex Brentford star Ollie Watkins.

As expected, Villa struggled in their first season back in the PL, finishing 17th and just outside of the relegation zone. That doesn't mean they're pushovers although they will expect us to crumble tonight......

But how can we? Gillingham in R4? The Football Gods have prophesied it. 2-1 City. Wells brace. Grealish from the bench for Villa.

COYRS!

Edit: Fevs informs me that Gills are out. So it's Stoke in R4. Let's hope the Football Gods haven't noticed lolz

Peg - please don’t be swayed by the view that we need more graphs, stats and charts. I’m sure @Davefevsdata is wonderful but I look at the forum on my phone,  as lots of others do, and the detail is incomprehensible when on a small screen. As I’ve never tried to read Davefevs graphs for this reason,  is it possible that @BigTone could provide a one line condensed version of the data in the same way he does for the match day thread? 

31 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Peg - please don’t be swayed by the view that we need more graphs, stats and charts. I’m sure @Davefevsdata is wonderful but I look at the forum on my phone,  as lots of others do, and the detail is incomprehensible when on a small screen. As I’ve never tried to read Davefevs graphs for this reason,  is it possible that @BigTone could provide a one line condensed version of the data in the same way he does for the match day thread? 

I will do so in future Sir. I have done but was 2 lines. Apologies old sock.

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m here for all you big screen users!!!

Seriously though, it’s useful feedback for my data charts. Ta.  It’s not easy to remedy, but I will try to bear it in mind. ??

Will watch if I can find a decent stream, really enjoyed the Stoke game although I guess the team will be closer to the Northampton team tonight. Hopefully they continue to keep it positive and give it a good go against a decent side but would rather win on Sunday if I could choose one game to win this week.

Archived