IGNORED

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me, the one thing I’m intrigued is to see Kasey Palmer linking with Famara Diedhiou and Antoine Semenyo.

Tonight we will see whether they are compatible or not.  Previous history says no.  But under Holden it’s a new system so hopefully it works.

The success against Northampton last week when attacking was really built on Chris Martin's superb work at holding the ball up and allowing Palmer, Semenyo, Eliasson and Nagy to run off him. Martin links the play so bloody well.

Fam has to aim to keep the ball much better than he has done recently, for us to be able to build these kind of attacks tonight. Otherwise we'll become too predictable. 

Despite being a second string Villa team, it still looks strong. That back four is pretty solid. Elmo at centre half should be targeted. Guilbert sharp getting forward, Taylor less worry.

El-Gahzi we know is tricky on his day.

Lansbury? Up until recently their highest earner. Crazy waste.

Strong bench if needed.

Very good test for our 2nd string tonight. Head says we lose a close game by a goal.

COYR

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Anyone watching the carabao cup stream? They just announced it was ‘1-0 to Aston Villa in this third round carabao cup fixture’. It’s a bloody fix! Neil Taylor goal according to the commentator. All a bit weird.

I heard this too? Said something about it being his first goal in 3 years. Really racking my brains about how this has happened!

Was he just practicing his commentary skills? ?

I may be wrong but I wouldn't rely on hesgoal and other websites for tonight's match.

Everywhere I look is only listing the official caraboa website as showing the match not some foreign channel that may have been streamed. Those links may become a false positive nearer to kick off time. 

Just now, RAD_Red said:

I heard this too? Said something about it being his first goal in 3 years. Really racking my brains about how this has happened!

Was he just practicing his commentary skills? ?

Probably just testing sound levels I'm guessing - a little later someone clearly asked him to read the teams out and the sound was a bit flaky.

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

Probably just testing sound levels I'm guessing - a little later someone clearly asked him to read the teams out and the sound was a bit flaky.

Probably, but still think it’s worth a tenner bet, just in case we are living in the matrix.

There's quite a few runners in the team. Eliasson, Sessegnon, Nagy. Semenyo looks full of energy atm. Maybe Diedhiou will be running about more!

And with Brunt there, Kasey can't really drop into that 4 role as Brunt should be yelling at him to get up the pitch! So we have two quality footballers in slightly different areas and lots of runners to pass to. 

If we get under a lot of pressure, this looks like a bad defensive team! But attacking it looks quite fun!

So I could see this going very wrong, but also quite hopeful. Exciting!

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

There's quite a few runners in the team. Eliasson, Sessegnon, Nagy. Semenyo looks full of energy atm. Maybe Diedhiou will be running about more!

And with Brunt there, Kasey can't really drop into that 4 role as Brunt should be yelling at him to get up the pitch! So we have two quality footballers in slightly different areas and lots of runners to pass to. 

If we get under a lot of pressure, this looks like a bad defensive team! But attacking it looks quite fun!

So I could see this going very wrong, but also quite hopeful. Exciting!

Interesting points well made. Hadn't thought of that. Looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.

Archived