IGNORED

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Wouldn't read too much into this......neither side is the first 11. 

Plus Villa have spent nearly £200M on players over last two years compared to what we have spent. Bound to be a difference. I would be more worried of it were our first team against another Championship team.

Over 200m.

Over 140m last season. Over 70m this season.

I think instead of the usual slagging off of our players , we need to look at villa. They’re far superior in every department. El ghazi really exposed the space between SS & vyner early on . I don’t think we’re helping ourselves with no pressure on the ball at times and our midfield is exposed. We are playing with a couple of players out of position in Rowe and elliasson which I hope dean addresses at half time . Bring Mawson on for Eliasson and move Rowe to wing back .

lets not throw the baby out with the bath water here. We’ve got a lot of injuries and villa are a much better side. 

1 minute ago, Red Alert said:

In fairness though it’s a back 3 without much experience, not much midfield presence in front of them and not much support from Elisson.

Against next level opposition - it was never going to work, was it?

Hopefully a regroup at half time, can’t help but think the coaching underestimated the opposition whilst still high off the buzz of a winning start.

You're focusing on things that I didn't mention. He's had plenty of time to find a red shirt on several occasions but has overplayed and given the ball away on numerous occasions. Vyner has found his passes most of the time, even Rowe has. It's the other stuff that Rowe has struggled with. 

I'm only bringing this up as people bang on about him being a ball carrying CB, but he's not showing it so far. He just needs to stand up and be counted tonight, which is what I'd expect from anyone who captains Bristol City against Premier League opponents in a cup game.

Palmer getting moved off the ball to easily. Need to do something in midfield as we are getting passed by a bit too much.

For me they’ve obviously been better but few we are a bit hard done by to be two down...no way he meant that second goal, weak foot, looked a bit embarrassed, so perhaps a bit unlucky from our point of view.

Fam missing the target when he should score again...love the bloke but...gets a bit repetitive.

First 45 minutes thoughts.

Don't get too high over games vs Northampton, don't get too low on games vs Villa.

Moore has a half second processing speed error. And it keeps showing up. If you do not understand why LJ did not want him making those mistakes for us. Just look. There's a player there, but his mind is going to stop him getting to where his ability and physique could take him.

Semenyo is showing real talent in flashes but it's inconsistent. Tinnion said he's back to his Newport loan form. He flashed talent against premier league sides then too. But it hasn't translated into consistency yet. Exciting but not there yet. 

Rowe isn't a Premier League centre back. And we don't usually ask him to be. Bakinson made league two players look like children, the Villa players dwarf Rowe. Don't be too angry at our back up left back/left wing back who is fine in that role.

Villa are bigger and quicker than us, and with the money they spent, you'd expect them to be. They're not our weekly competition though. So you know, don't get too upset over this.

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

You're focusing on things that I didn't mention. He's had plenty of time to find a red shirt on several occasions but has overplayed and given the ball away on numerous occasions. Vyner has found his passes most of the time, even Rowe has. It's the other stuff that Rowe has struggled with. 

I'm only bringing this up as people bang on about him being a ball carrying CB, but he's not showing it so far. He just needs to stand up and be counted tonight, which is what I'd expect from anyone who captains Bristol City against Premier League opponents in a cup game.

Can also be because we are 2 down and he's trying to force a way back and overplaying.

3 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

This is where the problem lies. These stats are dire. We have been second best across the field. Yes we are playing a Prem team but unlike other games there is no pace, drive, and lack of quality.

Half time stats.jpg

The two stats that would annoy DH there is 1 in 4 tackles won and 1 in 5 aerial duels 

No excuse for that , even against a better side

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Fair enough, maybe captain is a stretch - He’s not the answer but is the most experienced of the back 3 today and was on loan at Blackpool last season. Given the opposition that is an extreme ask really.

So should we expect him to anchor the back line? Big ask really & needs some experience in there but we’re looking short with Kalas injured. ??Mawson stays injury free.

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Possibly, but he went on a run out of defence (which was encouraging) in the first few mins at 0-0 and gave it straight to them, allowing a dangerous counter. Just needs to calm himself down.

First few seconds wasn't it?

He will get things wrong. Every player does.

Webster used to do the same and while he usually released the ball successfully he was also caught out from time to time.

9 minutes ago, grifty said:

So far Moore been poor, outmuscled, misplaced passes and has played some hospital passes to Palmer who has then lost it which has made him look worse IMO.

Rowe might as well not been on the pitch for the 2 goals.

Eliasson and Fammy don't look like they want to be on the pitch

Apart from 2 really nice reverse passes forward, I thought Brunt was quite poor - slowing play down and going backwards.

Semenyo looks good, as does Sess and Nagy.

This really pisses me off.

Just because two players have uncertain futures and may leave, they "don't want to be on the pitch".

Everyone has bad games, and it sounds like a few others are tonight. But anyone who is rumoured to be leaving suddenly has a bad attitude.

Grow up. 

Archived