IGNORED

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

Tonight is a useful reality check/lesson for all. A gentle reminder of how far off from being a Premier League club we are.  Much work has yet to be done. I'm sure Dean and Co will glean a lot of useful information from tonight's display  - both as a team and (in some cases in particular) on an individual basis. Can only be good for the long-term cause.

Villa are a low end Prem team who will see staying up as a massive success. If we had a first choice team we should be competitive. Not necessarily winning but creating far more chances than this.

2 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Tonight is a useful reality check/lesson for all. A gentle reminder of how far off from being a Premier League club we are.  Much work has yet to be done. I'm sure Dean and Co will glean a lot of useful information from tonight's display  - both as a team and (in some cases in particular) on an individual basis. Can only be good for the long-term cause.

At a rough guess Theyve probably spent 5 or 6 times what we have in last 2/3 years

We were told not to get carried away with Palmer doing bits against Northampton, because they’re a league below us. But people get carried away with him doing poorly against a premier league side. ?

Holden/The Board maybe need to rethink their stance on not needing a CB now. If Mawson gets injured we could be in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

We were told not to get carried away with Palmer doing bits against Northampton, because they’re a league below us. But people get carried away with him doing poorly against a premier league side. ?

Holden/The Board maybe need to rethink their stance on not needing a CB now. If Mawson gets injured we could be in trouble.

Does the level of opposition make it harder to close down quickly and keep track of your man, not allowing him to breeze past you so he’s free in the box? I would say no.  So not sure why Palmer is performing so lazily off the ball tonight 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I said I'd bring him off as he's playing poorly and has not worked like Nagy has the other side.

Many others say the same. If he played well or at least ok then i wouldn't say it. 

Palmer: 

• 86% pass success
  • 4 tackles won
  • 3/4 successful dribbles

Nagy 

• 83% pass success 
  • 0 tackles won
  • 0 dribbles

Both dispossessed twice. 

I'm not saying he's had a good game, but he is playing no worse than anyone else in the team and is at least getting on the ball and trying to make things happen. If that hand ball was given it would be a totally different story. 

Archived