IGNORED

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

Septic Peg

Comment was thoroughly deserved based on tonight's showing. No energy from Palmer and slow in possession which combined with poor positioning when receiving the ball meant he was consistently caught in possession. Hugely disappointing as this was another good opportunity for him to show what he's about.

It’s clear to me diedhiou has got to go. Doesn’t suit our style of play and just influences our CB’s to lump it forward. Martin offers a lot more.

eliasson is not going to sign a contract and doesn’t suit style of play. Sell also.

nagy. I see nothing good from him. Lack of quality on the ball. Bakinson did more than Nagy in the small time he was on the pitch. Move him on.

also, Rowe should never play cb again. Doesn’t suit and is a liability there. Either play Mawson or sign a loan cb for cover.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Easy for Villa in the end.

Started strongly, got a couple and that was that. Just have to accept they were better than us.

Gave a good number a run out, but think we should have got closer. It is what it is. No real harm done.

Just hope this is not another Wolves where a loss seemed to undermine all the confidence in the players, hope we can quickly bounce back Sunday.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Id say nothing worse than a player strolling around.

Our wins like last week are largely down to relentless work rate all over the pitch.

The fact that he has put a foot in the second most amount of times on the pitch (after Sessegnon) is a pretty clear indication that he was not just strolling around.

No complaints. Better side won.

Depressing that we were competing with this lot recently but now a chasm in terms of quality. 

Decent performances from our young’uns. Vyner, O’Leary, Backinson, Semenyo notable, Taylor Moore had a good second half but he’s got to cut out that awful habit of giving the ball away. 

The rest were a bit so-so. Sessenyon looked weak imo.  

We looked very tentative in the final third and always looked for an extra touch. Villa were coasting and the win was well deserved. I'm sure that Dean will be brutally honest about the performance, despite fielding a patched-up side, but at least Brunt and Nagy had a good run out and with 2 League wins he'll feel confident about getting a result with his first choice 11 on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Moore, Vyner, Rowe are League 1 players who play with players who are solid Championship players. Really showed how poor they were tonight, like majority of the players out there.

At least we can focus on the League now anyway

Did you see Moore on the weekend?  Was quality and showed he is a championship player. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

I thought it was decent game apart from the early goals. Can't help but wonder if Wells had started for Fam ... 

We never went at Villa at all, very disappointing performance. 

I thought we'd have played better than that 

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

It’s clear to me diedhiou has got to go. Doesn’t suit our style of play and just influences our CB’s to lump it forward. Martin offers a lot more.

eliasson is not going to sign a contract and doesn’t suit style of play. Sell also.

nagy. I see nothing good from him. Lack of quality on the ball. Bakinson did more than Nagy in the small time he was on the pitch. Move him on.

It felt like one of last seasons performances how lack lustre we were. 

The plus points tonight were all either the new signings or the younger players who were out on loan last season. 

Completely agree about Diedhiou, Elliason and Nagy. But I'd add Palmer to that list too.

Sadly our midfield was overrun and we never got in the game until Bakinson came on

Archived