IGNORED

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Banned User said:

Palmer plays a game and a half in 6 months and OTIB can confirm he isn't good enough

Ridiculous isn't it. I'd say the only players to come out of that half in credit are the keeper, Vyner, Sess and Semenyo. 

Villa have targeted Rowe/Eliasson just as any competent manager would upon seeing our line up. We have absolutely no bite in midfield, spending too much time admiring them at the moment. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Palmer has been absolutely pathetic so far 

Everything wrong about him we're seeing tonight. 

Week on the ball, poor movement hiding from passes

Summed up when he fouled Lansbury, he stopped to check he was alright as the Villa player waltzed on past him.

Playing like one of Lee Johnsons sides.

Let's hope we see a Dean Holden side in the second half. At the moment our spine is too soft and needs correcting.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Yep, should have done better https://streamja.com/1jJZO

Ta, missed that, someone came to the front door.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Some of the passes he's received have not done him any favours.

I think he's been ok and I'd expect a bit more second half.

Yep, hospital passes.  That’s the speed of thought of Prem players too.

I suspect Villa have another gear, but would be interesting if we get the next goal.

So far Moore been poor, outmuscled, misplaced passes and has played some hospital passes to Palmer who has then lost it which has made him look worse IMO.

Rowe might as well not been on the pitch for the 2 goals.

Eliasson and Fammy don't look like they want to be on the pitch

Apart from 2 really nice reverse passes forward, I thought Brunt was quite poor - slowing play down and going backwards.

Semenyo looks good, as does Sess and Nagy.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We are seeing Premier League quality, plus strength and speed of thought.

But Villa are very open too.

Some of the criticism of our players on here is disappointing to see.  Why does there have to blame?

I think it comes from a reluctance to give the opposition credit.

Often it is the same posters who play down decent performances by our own players and will instead say how bad the other side was.

I think we got disrupted a bit by the speed Villa started at and struggled to get a footing in the game. 

A superb bit of play by Davis gave El Ghazi a tap in and the second goal was one for a highlights reel.

Since then we have grown into the game, Diedhiou probably should have scored his header but we haven't created loads.

16 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

This is what worries me about Moore. Love the guy but one min he’s an 8/10 and then a 4/10. He’s given the ball straight to a Villa player around 3 times now. For a ‘ball playing’ CB he isn’t really justifying it. Needs to concentrate on doing the simple things well. 

In fairness though it’s a back 3 without much experience, not much midfield presence in front of them and not much support from Elisson.

Against next level opposition - it was never going to work, was it?

Hopefully a regroup at half time, can’t help but think the coaching underestimated the opposition whilst still high off the buzz of a winning start.

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

Grew into it a bit

Too much space and respect. 

We've made 8 changes, have loads of injuries and villa have been good.

Credit where it's due. 

Let's try and get one back. Who knows fhen

I agree with that

Wouldn't read too much into this......neither side is the first 11. 

Plus Villa have spent nearly £200M on players over last two years compared to what we have spent. Bound to be a difference. I would be more worried of it were our first team against another Championship team.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Too much space and respect. 

We've made 8 changes, have loads of injuries and villa have been good.

The worst thing we're not impossing ourselves on the game  Villa are a bang average side normally, but have made 11 changes tonight.

Too soft through our middle. 

As for the defending for the goals.....

Not a good half! Commentary bloody annoying! LINNINGTON usual self - weird decisions advantage does not exist for us, Palmer well he’s Palmer, Fammy trying but not too hard, one of our best attacking players been told he’s a wing back!  We have a new player that’s not been announced - Noyge- anyone know who he is? Is he even eligible?

2nd half is something to look forward to!

2 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

In fairness though it’s a back 3 without much experience, not much midfield presence in front of them and not much support from Elisson.

Against next level opposition - it was never going to work, was it?

Hopefully a regroup at half time, can’t help but think the coaching underestimated the opposition whilst still high off the buzz of a winning start.

Understand the point you are making, but the only way really to not underestimate them was to put out our strongest 11 standing. I can entirely understand why we did not.

Archived