Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol City v John Terry's Aston Villa - Carabao Cup R3 - Match Day

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can also be because we are 2 down and he's trying to force a way back and overplaying.

Possibly, but he went on a run out of defence (which was encouraging) in the first few mins at 0-0 and gave it straight to them, allowing a dangerous counter. Just needs to calm himself down.

3 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

This is where the problem lies. These stats are dire. We have been second best across the field. Yes we are playing a Prem team but unlike other games there is no pace, drive, and lack of quality.

Half time stats.jpg

The two stats that would annoy DH there is 1 in 4 tackles won and 1 in 5 aerial duels 

No excuse for that , even against a better side

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

You're focusing on things that I didn't mention. He's had plenty of time to find a red shirt on several occasions but has overplayed and given the ball away on numerous occasions. Vyner has found his passes most of the time, even Rowe has. It's the other stuff that Rowe has struggled with. 

I'm only bringing this up as people bang on about him being a ball carrying CB, but he's not showing it so far. He just needs to stand up and be counted tonight, which is what I'd expect from anyone who captains Bristol City against Premier League opponents in a cup game.

Fair enough, maybe captain is a stretch - He’s not the answer but is the most experienced of the back 3 today and was on loan at Blackpool last season. Given the opposition that is an extreme ask really.

So should we expect him to anchor the back line? Big ask really & needs some experience in there but we’re looking short with Kalas injured. 🤞🏼Mawson stays injury free.

• Robin 1
1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Possibly, but he went on a run out of defence (which was encouraging) in the first few mins at 0-0 and gave it straight to them, allowing a dangerous counter. Just needs to calm himself down.

First few seconds wasn't it?

He will get things wrong. Every player does.

Webster used to do the same and while he usually released the ball successfully he was also caught out from time to time.

9 minutes ago, grifty said:

So far Moore been poor, outmuscled, misplaced passes and has played some hospital passes to Palmer who has then lost it which has made him look worse IMO.

Rowe might as well not been on the pitch for the 2 goals.

Eliasson and Fammy don't look like they want to be on the pitch

Apart from 2 really nice reverse passes forward, I thought Brunt was quite poor - slowing play down and going backwards.

Semenyo looks good, as does Sess and Nagy.

This really pisses me off.

Just because two players have uncertain futures and may leave, they "don't want to be on the pitch".

Everyone has bad games, and it sounds like a few others are tonight. But anyone who is rumoured to be leaving suddenly has a bad attitude.

Grow up. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd take off Fam, Nagy and Eliasson.

And replace them with 3 players the **** on the commentary might be able to pronounce without annoying me.

Eliasson is getting to me worse than the others I think because it should be fairly obvious how to pronounce it. Ffs. He’s just said it again. Twice. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

When I see Fam have a shocker like this, why does the old Elvis Costello song always come to my mind?

I can't stand up for falling down 

Like when Niki came in to replace Fielding, Martin is highlighting Famara’s deficiencies.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Still think we’re trying to play more football than we did in the last 18 months under Johnson.

Moore isn’t having a great night but isn’t shying away from it, still fizzing passes about rather than clipping percentage balls into the channel. There’s a lot to be said for that.

Moore much better this half, Palmer, Fammy letting us down