IGNORED

Nagy

Harry

13 minutes ago, swanker said:

Didn’t watch the game or listen in on the radio but I take it Nagy was bad?

We were outplayed in key areas.

For me you win as a team and you lose as a team.  Individually some players looked to have poor games, but watching in tv, you miss so much if the overall goings on and why a player might look to be worse or better than they were.

I thought Nagy was no better or worse than several.

If I had to pick any of the starters to do themselves any real justice I would say O’Leary and Semenyo.  All the other 9 were indifferent...mainly due to the quality of the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

guys, dont play up to Harry the Horror. He only post rubbish and him not paying a tenner will harm absolutley no-one.

Does he ever make a positive contribution ? Dont think so.

Thought Semenyo looked good against an EPL 2nd eleven and several others did too. Thier reserves would comfortably win the Championship which is where our attentions need to focus now against Owls on Sunday. Our first team will do better

Damn it. You see this is the problem I have with usernames. 

One of you Hampshire red/s is a reasonable poster. The other is a complete lunatic. 

Which of the two are you? Because the lunatic one is in absolutely no place to be criticising for content quality!

8 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

personally,i think morrell is already way ahead of massengo. i like the kid but he is one of a few LJ acquired that are too lightweight

He's 4 years older, he needs to be better. Morrell was coming off unsuccessful loans to Sutton and Margate at this stage/age of his career. Massengo is a lower level championship player and is way ahead of him in development stages. Now that doesn't mean anything if he fails to develop but how did you judge Morrell at 19?

Nagy is weird. His flaw(because all championship players have flaws), is that his touch and passing just vary wildly. But his effort and energy were good, made some good intelligent runs and created space for others. I think you can have a player like that in the team, but he probably isn't justifying the cost as a back up central midfielder. I'm ok with Andy Weimann being CM rank 5-7 I don't think Adam Nagy is cost effective in that role.

32 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He wasn’t the only one. Famara, Elia-sson, Sessegnon, Rowe, Palmer. 

Thought palmer was ok second half. Getting on ball when he could and trying to make things happen. Sessegnon sees a lot of the ball but his end product is pretty poor currently but he's a kid and has only been here 5 minutes so needs time. 

For me, was just a really good Villa side. Davis and El Ghazi are class, Ramsey and Traore played well. 

Nagy - can't agree with the original poster. Think he brings a bit and can look very useful. But of all our CM, he is the one I'd get rid of.

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

If I’d have known he was gonna play, I wouldn’t have shelled out a tenner. 

The worst midfielder I’ve seen in many a year at our place. 

Watching him run around after El Ghazi tonight was like a slapstick comedy. I half expected El Ghazi to custard pie him at any time. 

He’s like a 10 year old playing in a men’s game. Runs everywhere, but does nothing. 

Lesson learnt for me tonight - wait for the team sheet before buying the stream. Awful. 

You never liked Skuse either.

You're weird.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

We were outplayed in key areas.

For me you win as a team and you lose as a team.  Individually some players looked to have poor games, but watching in tv, you miss so much if the overall goings on and why a player might look to be worse or better than they were.

I thought Nagy was no better or worse than several.

If I had to pick any of the starters to do themselves any real justice I would say O’Leary and Semenyo.  All the other 9 were indifferent...mainly due to the quality of the opposition.

Agree 100% with your last point, despite being ridiculously selfish once late on (from a chance in fairness that he made entirely for himself) Semenyo has made huge strides this season & is genuinely worth a place in the squad.

Max could do no more than he did, a lot of good saves tonight and it wouldn’t worry me at all if he was required to start for us now.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Here’s positivity for you :

Bakinson, Semenyo & O’Leary were all very good. 

Here’s some more positivity :

If Nagy never plays again, we’ve got a much higher chance of promotion. 

Yours sincerely,

Harry The Horror ??

I thought o'Leary was actually quite average and showed up our need for a back up keeper. Made a few saves that frankly you would expect a keeper to make and distribution was often more "get that ball the **** away from me" rather than picking out players. Of course not helped by an uninspiring outfield performance.

1 minute ago, the1stknowle said:

Thought palmer was ok second half. Getting on ball when he could and trying to make things happen. 

Honestly? 

There was a lot of giving the ball away, jogging by the side of his man & just casual play.

The opposition are good but he was really poor & was contributing very little when taken off.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

You also said that Yannick Bolasie was shite.

And whilst the stats might back that up to some degree, you can't argue that he has somehow managed to pass himself off as a player clubs shell out millions for.

He’ll be in Shoot Magazines “Where are they now” feature before he’s 33! ??

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Honestly? 

There was a lot of giving the ball away, jogging by the side of his man & just casual play.

The opposition are good but he was really poor & was contributing very little when taken off.

Yep, honestly. I wasn't lying.

He got on the ball and was forward looking. Especially after Bakinson came on. 

Game of opinions and I think in right midfield (which means one in which Bakinson is in) both him, and especially HNM, have something to offer.

32 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

When Walsh Morrell and Williams are fit he won’t be anywhere near starting. I expect him to be sold before the window is shut . 

I honestly don't get the general confidence levels on here that Walsh and Morrell will tear up this league. 

Neither of them have a track record at this level. They've both had good loan spells in lower leagues. We saw against Northampton that our midfield looked amazing. It's not a given they'll deliver in championship games. 

Walsh looked a bit out of his depth for us before last season's loan. Maybe L1 is his level? Williams has form at this level but it could take a fair while before we know who is going to grab the MF slots. Right now Bakinson looks a good bet but on the basis of only a couple of games so that could change. 

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Damn it. You see this is the problem I have with usernames. 

One of you Hampshire red/s is a reasonable poster. The other is a complete lunatic. 

Which of the two are you? Because the lunatic one is in absolutely no place to be criticising for content quality!

That ones the lunatic. If you hadn’t already worked it out ?

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

If I’d have known he was gonna play, I wouldn’t have shelled out a tenner. 

The worst midfielder I’ve seen in many a year at our place. 

Watching him run around after El Ghazi tonight was like a slapstick comedy. I half expected El Ghazi to custard pie him at any time. 

He’s like a 10 year old playing in a men’s game. Runs everywhere, but does nothing. 

Lesson learnt for me tonight - wait for the team sheet before buying the stream. Awful. 

Well the team was announced an hour before kick off mate ?

Didn't watch the whole game but from what I saw, I didn't see Nagy.  Fam looked like devoid of confidence and interest. Palmer was playing against decent players so unsurprisingly did very little.  He's a bit of a flat track bully I fear.

Harsh to put the likes of Sessegnon and Eliasson in the same bracket.  From what I saw they weren't brilliant but actually tried to make an impact. 

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

My midfield order is this :

Williams, Walsh, Morrell, Bakinson, Massengo, Paterson, Weimann, Palmer ...

O’Dowda....

Me

My mum

My mums cat

My dinner

The spider in the toilet

My daughters teletubby 

Piers Morgan

Nagy. 

I can't help but ask, how many times have you actually watched the top 3 midfielders in that list?

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

I honestly don't get the general confidence levels on here that Walsh and Morrell will tear up this league. 

Neither of them have a track record at this level. They've both had good loan spells in lower leagues. We saw against Northampton that our midfield looked amazing. It's not a given they'll deliver in championship games. 

Walsh looked a bit out of his depth for us before last season's loan. Maybe L1 is his level? Williams has form at this level but it could take a fair while before we know who is going to grab the MF slots. Right now Bakinson looks a good bet but on the basis of only a couple of games so that could change. 

Not saying they will . But reviews from the clubs they were at suggest they are ready . As for Bakinson his loan moves didn’t do him any harm .

"Worst midfielder in many a year".

Somewhat of an overstatement. He clearly suits a true CM 3, which we seldom play- we come closer to that with Paterson in the side but while it's not the sole factor that seems to offer him a bit more protection- Palmer's defensive numbers are actually improved this season albeit a small sample size in the Cup. Put him in a side who consistently control the ball at this level and you see a different player I think, Nagy that is- whether that'll be us who knows but the jury on that aspect is very much out!

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I’m confident in Walsh. I’m confident in anyone who we sign who was his clubs player of the season the year before (even in the league below)... do you know where this comes from? Mickey Bell. 

Archived