IGNORED

Nagy

Harry

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not a rant at you, just the subject matter ⬆️⬆️⬆️

All fair points @Davefevs. No issue with your analysis.

The goals against Cardiff, and Man City; were when he was trying to let the ball go out of play for a goal kick, when he was playing as Lb. Those two in particular were school boy errors. That said, it was his long throw in the same Cardiff match; that led to the Flint winner of course.

You're in a better place than me to show his relevant statistics. But if memory serves, physically he started losing a number of 50/50 physical challenges; and seemed to be bullied in certain games. Certainly opposition would target him, as a potential weakness at Lb.

I agree piss poor management from LJ around him. After a while his confidence looked shot, in much the same way Massengo went, in the second half of last season.

I've never said, he wasn't good enough; as his CL experience shows. However, the way LJ chopped and changed certainly didn't help him. Given time, he may have adjusted to the physicality of the league; and the constant demands. When the offer from CSKA came in though, I 'm sure it was a no brainer for the club at the time.

6 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

All fair points @Davefevs. No issue with your analysis.

The goals against Cardiff, and Man City; were when he was trying to let the ball go out of play for a goal kick, when he was playing as Lb. Those two in particular were school boy errors. That said, it was his long throw in the same Cardiff match; that led to the Flint winner of course.

You're in a better place than me to show his relevant statistics. But if memory serves, physically he started losing a number of 50/50 physical challenges; and seemed to be bullied in certain games. Certainly opposition would target him, as a potential weakness at Lb.

I agree piss poor management from LJ around him. After a while his confidence looked shot, in much the same way Massengo went, in the second half of last season.

I've never said, he wasn't good enough; as his CL experience shows. However, the way LJ chopped and changed certainly didn't help him. Given time, he may have adjusted to the physicality of the league; and the constant demands. When the offer from CSKA came in though, I 'm sure it was a no brainer for the club at the time.

All fair points back....??.  The goals you use as examples are not something I can argue against, other than “they happen”.  They are bloody frustrating.

Re bullying....I still think the inflexibility of Flint was a factor.  Flint was very much “I’m alright Jack” that’s all that matters.  Perhaps he found at Boro and Cardiff that where a system isn’t based on him it’s not quite as “comfortable”for him...and that’s why his form suffered.

Re CSKA....I’m sure it was a no-brained for Magnússon too ???

I though he was decent enough here, and yet to hit anywhere near his prime years....just coming into them now.

I hope we afford our other young CBs (Vyner and Moore) a bit more leeway.

7 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Strange, Morell and Nagy starting for Wales and Hungary in City they are not even on the bench. Dont says it wrong but a little bit funny. Our midfield and team has won 4 out of 4 so its working at the moment. Dont change a team that winning is good I think.

Think you will find Morell has just come back from injury

On 10/10/2020 at 08:38, Garland-sweden said:

Strange, Morell and Nagy starting for Wales and Hungary in City they are not even on the bench. Dont says it wrong but a little bit funny. Our midfield and team has won 4 out of 4 so its working at the moment. Dont change a team that winning is good I think.

And Weimann doesn’t even get into an average Austria squad, either as a midfielder or forward!

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

1-0 Hungary but it`s practically unwatchable due to the picture quality - it`s like watching a game from the 1970 World Cup.

Shame, it was a good game. Serbs were a little tired I have to admit but still it was a nice game. Good pressing from us in the first half, Serbia switched up one gear in the second; nice tempo and a few attempts on both sides. Amazing win for us.

42 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Shame, it was a good game. Serbs were a little tired I have to admit but still it was a nice game. Good pressing from us in the first half, Serbia switched up one gear in the second; nice tempo and a few attempts on both sides. Amazing win for us.

I see Nagy got a yellow card, does that put him out of your next game?

3 hours ago, tin said:

And Weimann doesn’t even get into an average Austria squad, either as a midfielder or forward!

Think Austria a bit above average, have some players at notable clubs but they're not top tier.

1 hour ago, Hunsupport said:

Two good wins for you in this group- Nagy was very good in Turkey I believe, decent tonight?

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think Austria a bit above average, have some players at notable clubs but they're not top tier.

Austria are currently 34th in the world, ranked behind Wales, Ireland, N.Ireland to give three examples. Morrell starts for a higher-ranked side than Austria, and they also have some players at notable clubs. 

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two good wins for you in this group- Nagy was very good in Turkey I believe, decent tonight?

Sorry for the late answer, had to work a little. :) Yep, he was quite good. I haven't seen anything which could indicate that he might lose confidence because he can't make it to the matchday squad, quite the opposite. He seemed very confident in both games. It will be interesing if anything happens till Friday or not as I've seen on social media that his girlfriend enrolled to a graphic school in London 3 weeks ago. That was way after Holden said he spoke to everyone about their game times so they knew by then they will definitely stay in England. So its either he trusts himself enough to fight his way back or has something solid lined up already.

8 hours ago, tin said:

Austria are currently 34th in the world, ranked behind Wales, Ireland, N.Ireland to give three examples. Morrell starts for a higher-ranked side than Austria, and they also have some players at notable clubs. 

I think they're a reasonable side- they beat and outplayed NI yesterday for a start. Morrell is a better example, but 34th- still put them a bit above average.

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think they're a reasonable side- they beat and outplayed NI yesterday for a start. Morrell is a better example, but 34th- still put them a bit above average.

Worth mentioning Weimann has 14 appearances for them and nothing since 2015. They certainly can't be a terrible side if he is nowhere near their team...

Archived