IGNORED

Club shop.

sticks 1969

Went to the shop today to get some birthday presents

and it was shut Spoke to a girl outside and he said only open Thur,Friday and Saturday 9 to 3 

now I totally understand that make sense but why not bloody say that on the official site 

yet again poor poor customer service 

17 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Went to the shop today to get some birthday presents

and it was shut Spoke to a girl outside and he said only open Thur,Friday and Saturday 9 to 3 

now I totally understand that make sense but why not bloody say that on the official site 

yet again poor poor customer service 

It does say it if you search. Not exactly hard to find either.

8 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

It does say it if you search. Not exactly hard to find either.

It's not, but after going to the shop myself on Monday and finding the same notice, it did prompt me to go on the site. Simple lines of communication though, not everybody has access, or will look on the website.

6 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

STICKS1969 WITH YET ANOTHER OWNGOAL

Harsh. 

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

So you've proved my original point. 

I don't live in Bristol anymore, so not up to date or aware of any time changes. Also don't check the website on a daily basis. I only knew about the time changes by checking online myself. It's not an issue for me, I'm staying with my parents around the corner. I'll go back later in the week.

I was agreeing with the original poster. It's obviously not something new, so for them to still be showing the opening times Monday - Saturday is a bit rubbish. They just need to print a new notice! 

Again, it's not an issue for me, I'll just go back later in the week because I can. I was just agreeing that they should put a sign up :laugh:

People are missing the point here.

Outside the shop is (or was at least yesterday) a sign showing the opening times Monday - Friday 9-5, Saturday 9-12 (or whatever they are normally).

No mention of reduced hours.

Now, if for example my dad went down and saw the sign, he'd probably think they might be stock taking or something, and just hadn't opened. He would probably go back the following day. He wouldn't check the website. He barely knows how to turn the TV on.

If there was a sign on there saying exactly what is on the website, he would know straight away, and wouldn't bother going back until they were open.

It's simple lines of communication, not just on the website, but actually outside the shop.

Not everybody can, or would think to check the website.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

And the girl he met was a he !!

Apparently, she was called Lola, :laugh: A; rhymes with Cola, C O L A, Cola.

I am not sure whether she asked him to dance....

How interesting. 

I wanted to write LOLA, with a space between the letters like C O L A, but the forum changes it to 'laugh' - Yes, am aware of :laugh:. 

43 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

How interesting. 

I wanted to write LOLA, with a space between the letters like C O L A, but the forum changes it to 'laugh' - Yes, am aware of :laugh:. 

Did you know the original words written were Coca Cola, but they had to change it to Cherry Cola because of copy write and advertising issues. Didn't make any difference to the Kinks.

32 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Did you know the original words written were Coca Cola, but they had to change it to Cherry Cola because of copy write and advertising issues. Didn't make any difference to the Kinks.

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes I did ?

I did (some years later).

Quite strange, when you think about it, as nowadays companies such as Coca Cola actually pay clients to endorse their products!

On 04/08/2020 at 18:16, PHILINFRANCE said:

How interesting. 

Is this a French thing ?

Archived