IGNORED

Covid attendance rules for managers?

Harry

Anyone know the rules / regs by which managers or representatives of teams are allowed into matches not involving their club? 

Just wondered tonight when I was watching Forest Hudds, that Bielsa was in the stand, taking notes. 

How come he’s allowed in? He has no connection to either team. Are other managers / scouts allowed in, if so, in what kind of numbers? 
Doesn’t seem right to me that numerous people with no connection to the match in question should be allowed in when fans aren’t? 

Still doesn’t make sense. 
I could go and pay £87.50 per day for a private test with Bupa. Will I be allowed in if I did? 
Just strikes me as a bit odd that they’d allow access to anyone who’s not directly involved in the match. 

I was reading an article the other day that said Darrell Clarke was at our game with Northampton as Walsall were playing them next. Also seen Southgate in the stand at a few prem games.

IIRC when the Bundesliga started they could have a maximum of 250 a game including staff, players etc. My guess is that after you take out the necessary people for the game to be played there are c100-150 spaces, and it’s how the clubs choose to allocate those - between press, owners and scouts. I’d see the ability to allow an opposition representative to watch the game to be key to the overall running of the sport so assume that’s why they get tickets - if requested and if capacity

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Still doesn’t make sense. 
I could go and pay £87.50 per day for a private test with Bupa. Will I be allowed in if I did? 
Just strikes me as a bit odd that they’d allow access to anyone who’s not directly involved in the match. 

But that’s the thing, how many ‘average supporters’ would go out & pay nearly £100 a time to get tested so they could in theory go & watch football? I sure as hell wouldn’t!

And as for Bielsa being at the game last night, Huddersfield’s manager is Bielsa ex-assistant manager so I guess he could of been there in an advisory capacity to let his ex-colleague know what the team were doing right or wrong?

Eddie Jones has been to Ashton Gate a few times (both European nights and the Exeter game) same as the entire Welsh rugby coaching team against the dragons. 

I would say because sports is in its own little bubble where premier league and championship clubs are testing regularly they can probably get away with going to watch another club. I'd be more concerned with Darrell Clarke attending because League one and Two seems to have become a bit lawless with regards to testing, some clubs doing it every week some only doing it once a month (as per the requirements). 

Well said BRB. 

3 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Eddie Jones has been to Ashton Gate a few times (both European nights and the Exeter game) same as the entire Welsh rugby coaching team against the dragons. 

I would say because sports is in its own little bubble where premier league and championship clubs are testing regularly they can probably get away with going to watch another club. I'd be more concerned with Darrell Clarke attending because League one and Two seems to have become a bit lawless with regards to testing, some clubs doing it every week some only doing it once a month (as per the requirements). 

BRB, You hit the nail on the head i think 

The EFL guidance includes an allocation of 6 scouts within the amber zone but that is defined as being one from each club's next three opponents.

Not entirely sure how that applies in this example but that's the guidance... 

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/201920/covid-19-documents/return-to-playing-behind-closed-doors-guidance-final-version-cb.pdf

Representatives/scouts probably allowed in the same way as journalists etc, they're not part of the 'red zone' of a ground which involves only those who are tested/under the regulations of the clubs involved. Same way Tinnion is able to go watch our players out on loan. As said before there's a capacity of people allowed in a ground and excess spaces goes to journalists/scouts etc

Archived