IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 13:00 Sunday - What can we expect?

Davefevs

Mawson interviewed on radio Bristol saying that Bristol City were known as being a soft touch and Stoke alluded to it as well. Said thats now changed.

Something a lot of us have been saying for years, hopefully he's correct and this squad is mentally tougher with the new players coming in.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Some didn't like it when I said I think Nagy will be gone by the end of the window and even said I have a problem with Nagy!

Well it clearly looks that way for sure. Nagy and Palmer will likely be sold or loaned out as they can't even make the bench when we have Williams, Walsh and Morrell injured.

I think those 2 along with one of Morrell, Walsh and Massengo will not be a part of our squad when the window is closed.

I don't see us selling Massengo due to his age and potential. So it would be a loan for him if Walsh signs new deal and Holden likes Morrell.

Morrell he doesn't seem to talk about much. Maybe there's nothing in that, or maybe there is. Strange one as not seen him since Wales games.

Interesting to see if Morrell is fit for international games coming up.

1 minute ago, The dastardly red said:

Do you avoid the streams if he's on the bench or is it just when he starts? 

What about if he was suddenly on commentary duty? 

It was just in reaction to some bed-wetting after my post-villa thread on him. 
I don’t avoid the streams at all. Just that I’d jokingly commented on Thursday that I should’ve waited for the team sheet before paying for the stream. 

Just now, Swede said:

We're up against one of the most wily and creative midfielders in Bannan today with ONE recognised midfielder and ONE recognised midfielder on the bench along with a winger, two forwards, two full backs and a keeper, interesting.

Focussing on our strengths, not their’s?

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

We're up against one of the most wily and creative midfielders in Bannan today with ONE recognised midfielder and ONE recognised midfielder on the bench along with a winger, two forwards, two full backs and a keeper, interesting.

3 Midfielders had an opportunity v Villa to put pressure on the Palmer, Paterson and Bakinson. By and large, they didn't take it. I've expressed my doubts about Weimann in midfield before but, right now, him and Paterson are there on merit. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Weimann trying to run through 3 players and they break and nearly score. 

This system is going to see some exciting games this season. Very good game to watch so far.

Yep. Poor decision making from Weimann there. Sometimes you just gotta pass and move. Can’t run down blind alleys all the time 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Weimann trying to run through 3 players and they break and nearly score. 

This system is going to see some exciting games this season. Very good game to watch so far.

Much better for the opposition having a more mobile midfield capable of threading dangerous balls through our occasionally casual defence. Sheff Wed are a huge improvement on Stoke. 

Archived