IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 13:00 Sunday - What can we expect?

Davefevs

Just now, Bryans Left Peg said:

Is it just me that feels quite satisfied with this first half then? Surprised by all the moaning although it is OTIB so should have expected it. ?

It’s not bad, just if it was a boxing match I think they would be ahead on points at the moment. They are breaking the link between our midfield and forwards, and are taking better care of the ball. Add some rank poor passing by us it’s causing frustration.

Just now, cityexile said:

It’s not bad, just if it was a boxing match I think they would be ahead on points at the moment. They are breaking the link between our midfield and forwards, and are taking better care of the ball. Add some rank poor passing by us it’s causing frustration.

Exactly. It's not awful by any stretch but we've not created much of note and almost let them in a couple of times through avoidable errors. I don't think it is moaning to say that we can do better. 

Just now, Bryans Left Peg said:

Is it just me that feels quite satisfied with this first half then? Surprised by all the moaning although it is OTIB so should have expected it. ?

I think we've done well so far. We just have to be conscious that this Sheff Wed midfield is a couple of levels above Stoke. Their energy and sharpness is excellent. That punishes every midfield pass of ours that is less than perfect. We need to be a little smarter in the middle. Makes it entertaining to watch though.

Hopefully people can see why I reckon Sheff Wed could comfortably make up the -12 points.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Paterson/Weimann isn’t working. Both aren’t creating enough options in midfield as they’re both running into forward positions. Leaves Bakinson exposed (despite playing well) and creates temptation for defenders to lump it forward.

Desperately need a more natural CM for balance imo.

Concerned that Bakinson on a yellow and being left exposed = early bath..

Need a rejig.

Archived