IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 13:00 Sunday - What can we expect?

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I’m not watching but BBC saying it’s even, perhaps Wednesday shading it, but an entertaining game there for both teams to win.

Slightly different story from OTIB. Hard to know who to believe.

BBC are right.

Each team is doing sone thing different, but both have been ineffective in and around the box.

Hunt is dragging Harris deep every chance he can.  It should open a bit more space for Vyner - whilst tiring Harris.  Maybe Sessegnon in last 20 can exploit that?

Bakinson finding that squeeze on him today from Windass, meaning he can’t take a touch and decide which way to go.

Wednesday midfield don’t like running towards their own goal.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I’m enjoying it.

Having watched city since the eighties, maybe I’ve had my frame of reference shifted?

I've watched since the 80s too.

We made error after error, tried to play counter attack against a side defending deep and giving up possession, didn't get any joy wide or manage a shot on goal.

There was not a single moment of excitement in that for me.

I don't think I'd sub Paterson but I would have him start deeper when we get the ball. Bannon is stuck to him half the time when we have possession, so force him to make a decision to leave a gap or leave Paterson.

I'd also try and push Rowe and Hunt more and go around them rather than through, which isn't working at the moment.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Only had the last 15 minutes, but we certainly weren't overrun in that time.

Yeah, as I said, as the half went on we improved. Earlier on, less so.

Fair enough over-run might be an over-statement - but in the first half, we lost the midfield battle' IMO.

7 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I’m not watching but BBC saying it’s even, perhaps Wednesday shading it, but an entertaining game there for both teams to win.

Slightly different story from OTIB. Hard to know who to believe.

I think a lot of fans start from the default position of hoping & expecting us to be dominant. When we're matched, they say we've been rubbish. I watch a lot of cautious even first halves then hear this reaction.

Archived