IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 13:00 Sunday - What can we expect?

Davefevs

Wednesday forum: 

Its as simple as that i think. Man to man, not much in it, but their forward line was much more potent than ours. If we don't solve our striker crisis this is going to be a long difficult season. 

Only one team played second half.

The usual sh1thousery from bristol didn't help. Falling about & time wasting. Garbage ref.

The thing is Bristol City altered their approach. We didn't have an answer. The manager should be able to react to the change. Not hope it gets better before conceding.

I thought they were poor too. Goals change games of course and it was a poor refereeing display. He fell for it every minimal contact. The ref vs Fulham was brilliant imo so good ones do exist. Time wasting is simple to cut out too and he wasn’t interested. 

We were also over run in midfield especially second half. 

We were overrun in midfield because their “free” defender in the back 3 stepped into the midfield and carried the ball drawing a midfielder leaving it 2 on 3 in the middle out free defender is Tom lees who didn’t and never does this 

Bristol were one of the bookies favourites for relegation. Our fans need to stop bigging then up

Martin , who some on here laughed at when it was suggested we should sign him, totally schooled our defence today . He is exactly what we needed.

They have a good balance up front. Both would walk into our team

Good play from us first half, but with us putting in twice as much effort as them it was only going one way second half unless we started to create and finish a couple of goal scoring opportunities. They countered our tactics well 2nd half, worked harder to find space, overpowered and outnumbered us to score and wasted lots of time to get their breath back.

We had them contained well. However opposing teams have this very annoying knack of responding, and changing their approach. The momentum of the game was clearly swinging back into City’s favour, yet Monk himself failed to respond in kind. Then the inevitable happened. They scored and it was game over.

13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

How many times are you going to make this joke, jesus! Must have seen you post that exact format about ten times.

Some would call it humour.

Others would get offended about it.

Unfortunately, you fall into the latter group.

Don’t cry pal. We won 2-0.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Wednesday forum: 

Its as simple as that i think. Man to man, not much in it, but their forward line was much more potent than ours. If we don't solve our striker crisis this is going to be a long difficult season. 

The usual sh1thousery from bristol didn't help. Falling about & time wasting. Garbage ref.

The thing is Bristol City altered their approach. We didn't have an answer. The manager should be able to react to the change. Not hope it gets better before conceding.

I thought they were poor too. Goals change games of course and it was a poor refereeing display. He fell for it every minimal contact. The ref vs Fulham was brilliant imo so good ones do exist. Time wasting is simple to cut out too and he wasn’t interested. 

We were overrun in midfield because their “free” defender in the back 3 stepped into the midfield and carried the ball drawing a midfielder leaving it 2 on 3 in the middle out free defender is Tom lees who didn’t and never does this 

Bristol were one of the bookies favourites for relegation. Our fans need to stop bigging then up

Martin , who some on here laughed at when it was suggested we should sign him, totally schooled our defence today . He is exactly what we needed.

Good play from us first half, but with us putting in twice as much effort as them it was only going one way second half unless we started to create and finish a couple of goal scoring opportunities. They countered our tactics well 2nd half, worked harder to find space, overpowered and outnumbered us to score and wasted lots of time to get their breath back.

We had them contained well. However opposing teams have this very annoying knack of responding, and changing their approach. The momentum of the game was clearly swinging back into City’s favour, yet Monk himself failed to respond in kind. Then the inevitable happened. They scored and it was game over.

Had a look on there earlier.

Got bored quite quickly. The fact that Bannon should have been off fir any 2 of about five yellows speaks volumes.

We were so much the better team in the second half it was almost offensive.

Whilst they were better in the first half, it wasn’t by much.

18 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Wednesday forum: 

Blimey, they got all their excuses in there didn't they? Bristol city are crap, the referee, city were time wasting, shithousery, falling over by us etc etc.

2-0 bitches! :)

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

I think a lot of fans start from the default position of hoping & expecting us to be dominant. When we're matched, they say we've been rubbish. I watch a lot of cautious even first halves then hear this reaction.

It was an even first half, I think the twelve point deduction has focused their mind and maybe given maybe them a hunger that I know we should have but can't replicate, with hindsight our class overcame that thankfully.

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Wednesday forum: 

Somewhat ironic? Favourites for relegation? More so than a team starting the season on -12pts? Yorkshire puddings.

My ratings would be..

Bentley - 8 - solid, confident and tested a few times 

Hunt - 8 - industrious, won his battle, involved in attacks

Vyner - 6 - quiet and did the basics

Moore - 9 - solid defending, good passing play and classy marauding 

Mawson - 6 - a few errors on the ball but generally solid

Rowe - 8 - lacking in the 1st half, more lively in the 2nd, goal and assist (just)

Bakinson - 6 - didn't pass and dominate like we've seen. Came strong in last 30.

Paterson - 8 - generally a busy display capped with another tidy finish

Weimann - 7 - lots of work

Martin - 7 - anonymous 1st half, much more involved in the 2nd and an assist

Wells - 7 - involved in all our best moves, especially came alive 2nd half

Subs - 6

Would probably downgrade a few with half points but why do that after a win?!

Rowe would be more a 7.5 and Bakinson a 6.5 but whatever.

Wednesday's midfield really outpressed us 1st half and I do feel that we benefited from Windass being toothless in attack.

The 2nd half was total domination and I'm not even sure what tweaks Holden made but fair play it worked. Maybe pressing with more intensity, passing with more tempo and pushing our wing backs more aggressively?

By the way, there was a move on the 68th minute from us that was top class liquid football. 

Great result.

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Yep , thought that was one of Jack Hunt’s most complete performances in a City shirt. Defended as well as I’ve seen him do it in the past and always offers something going forward. 

Did the club say anything about his injury after the game? - he looked in real pain when he went down and when being attended to by the physio. Either that or he has added near oscar level acting to his "shit-housing portfolio".

He could well end up missing a few if it is as bad as it looked.

Just now, cityal said:

Did the club say anything about his injury after the game? - he looked in real pain when he went down and when being attended to by the physio. Either that or he has added near oscar level acting to his "shit-housing portfolio".

He could well end up missing a few if it is as bad as it looked.

Gash on his shin....but DH said because he’s a northerner he’ll be fine.

Archived