Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 13:00 Sunday - What can we expect?

Just now, Colombo Robin said:

Bakinson vs Bannan will be great to watch. Gonna find out just how far hes come on

The best way to beat Barry Bannan is to prevent him getting on the ball in the first place. As long as our midfield fight to win the 2nd balls and we retain possession, that will go a long way to keeping Bannan quiet. 

• Like 1

Mawson interviewed on radio Bristol saying that Bristol City were known as being a soft touch and Stoke alluded to it as well. Said thats now changed.

Something a lot of us have been saying for years, hopefully he's correct and this squad is mentally tougher with the new players coming in.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Some didn't like it when I said I think Nagy will be gone by the end of the window and even said I have a problem with Nagy!

Well it clearly looks that way for sure. Nagy and Palmer will likely be sold or loaned out as they can't even make the bench when we have Williams, Walsh and Morrell injured.

I think those 2 along with one of Morrell, Walsh and Massengo will not be a part of our squad when the window is closed.

I don't see us selling Massengo due to his age and potential. So it would be a loan for him if Walsh signs new deal and Holden likes Morrell.

Morrell he doesn't seem to talk about much. Maybe there's nothing in that, or maybe there is. Strange one as not seen him since Wales games.

Interesting to see if Morrell is fit for international games coming up.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Interesting to see if Morrell is fit for international games coming up.

Yeah hadn't thought of that. 

It does seem weird to me. 'Tight calf' is usually something a manager would say about a player who isn't quite right to play a game. Not a long term injury. 

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

I still remain suspicious about Morrell. How long can you be unavailable for selection with a tight calf that nobody will elaborate on?

Mores the point, a tight calf is usually one of those injuries that a player has when he doesnt play because hes about to be sold.

• Like 2

We've definitely got the ability to win this. Think our subs will be very important today, got 2 wing backs on the bench, plus 2 strikers so a few options there. 

Could even bring on Eliasson + fam for crosses and headers...

Or bring on the GOAL MACHINE semenyo 😎

Edited by YGBjammy
1 minute ago, The dastardly red said:

Do you avoid the streams if he's on the bench or is it just when he starts? 

What about if he was suddenly on commentary duty? 

It was just in reaction to some bed-wetting after my post-villa thread on him. 
I don’t avoid the streams at all. Just that I’d jokingly commented on Thursday that I should’ve waited for the team sheet before paying for the stream. 

We're up against one of the most wily and creative midfielders in Bannan today with ONE recognised midfielder and ONE recognised midfielder on the bench along with a winger, two forwards, two full backs and a keeper, interesting.

45 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I just hope we don’t focus too much on closing down Bannan like some people want. We should focus on our own game which is working 

The problem is, if he’s got the ball for most of the game, then it’s hard for us to focus on our own game!!

Just now, Swede said:

We're up against one of the most wily and creative midfielders in Bannan today with ONE recognised midfielder and ONE recognised midfielder on the bench along with a winger, two forwards, two full backs and a keeper, interesting.

Focussing on our strengths, not their’s?

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

3 Midfielders had an opportunity v Villa to put pressure on the Palmer, Paterson and Bakinson. By and large, they didn't take it. I've expressed my doubts about Weimann in midfield before but, right now, him and Paterson are there on merit. 

• Like 1