IGNORED

FM Radio App for Android

SuperFly2002

Does anyone know of an FM Radio App that will allow you to listen to the football (Radio Bristol on match days). 

I've looked around for a while now and always drawn a blank as every app I've tried says that you can't listen online?

It would be great if you could listen to the footy through your phone rather than having to use an FM Radio.

Has anyone ever found a solution?

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might be worth (if any MODS venture this far) moving this to the football forum.

Fair to say I hadn't previously considered an FM app, and just accepted that when out and about on a weekend with only my phone, listening to the commentary was only available as a paid-for option.

Same, I've been paying £2.50 to listen if out.

Apps wont work, as they take the online version of Radio Bristol which doesn't have match coverage. As far as I am aware an FM app wouldn't be possible without specifically having someone record and rebroadcast it (I have done this on occasion over the phone as I can't get radio Bristol!)

Edit: however, you should be able to emulate it on an android phone using a headphone lead as an antenna, obviously this would have the same localisation restrictions as an actual radio, will have a look into it and report back. 

16 hours ago, 54-46 said:

As an aside isn’t it totally ridiculous how it’s forbidden to listen to commentary over the internet. Don’t even know why!?

It's because the BBC local stations only buy local rights to the matches - if they were available nationally, there'd be less appetite for a national broadcaster to buy the national rights to the EFL.

Archived