IGNORED

Today`s games

Lanterne Rouge

Just now, Northern Red said:

Adelakun got an assist for Hull's 2nd according to BBC. Played 70 mins before being subbed.

Cracking through ball it was, saw it on Sky.

Ellis Harrison once of this parish has scored for Pompey.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Matty Taylor gets a third for Oxford at Accrington. It`s a shame a local side haven`t got a striker like him.

Got two now.

As things stand only 1 home win in all todays champinship games.

Is no fans at games having an effect and, given our pretty dire home form last season, will it be to our advantage? 

35 minutes ago, downendcity said:

As things stand only 1 home win in all todays champinship games.

Is no fans at games having an effect and, given our pretty dire home form last season, will it be to our advantage? 

Spot on there DC. I was only saying this the other day. There isn't really any advantage apart from the travel. At the end of the season whatever the final standings are, you can guarantee if fans were in the stands the table would be completely different. We won't have a better chance of a top 6 than this season, especially with no Leeds, Villa etc.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

They are shocking at the back.

Equally, I know you cannot raise your hand, but it’s never a red card for me. Surely VAR  can see the Spurs player has no need at all to go down...if it’s a red, it’s a red for both.

Agree on both counts.

They will never win anything with that backline. De Gea looks void of any confidence and has so many errors in him - it's like he's regressed to how he was when he first came to England. Between the centre backs, if you could combine all of them you have one pretty good defender. Maguire is the best one there, but his head still seems like it's in Greece....

As for that red card, Martial has no complaints. You can't raise your hands and expect to get away with it. What I don't understand, is that after VAR checked the incident, how the Spurs player hasn't gone as well I don't know. Looked like he made more contact with Martial! 

With examples like that, and all these farcical handball decisions being given, it kind of makes you glad we aren't playing in the Prem (money aside). 

Wouldn't surprise me if Solskjaer got the boot after this - beaten so easily by Jose, and with his recent comments about transfer activities, it doesn't bode well for him.

Archived