IGNORED

Derby - Taxi for Philip Cocu

INCRED

45 minutes ago, downendcity said:

With the money he's on, and the stage he's at in his career, I'd be amazed if that wasn't the case.

Maybe at first as "interim player coach" and then see how it goes.

After Lampard, I think bringing Rooney in was always going to end in a managerial role of some sort.

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Derby poor.

Blackburn on fire - like the look of Brereton, Johnson, and Rothwell, Del Williams had a good game.

Was impressed by them at times last season.

Interesting that they seem to finally be getting a tune out of Brereton (he’s only 21), and the move of Armstrong back into a central position is looking inspired.

Johnson and Holtby are amongst the better midfielders in the Champ on their day.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was impressed by them at times last season.

Interesting that they seem to finally be getting a tune out of Brereton (he’s only 21), and the move of Armstrong back into a central position is looking inspired.

Johnson and Holtby are amongst the better midfielders in the Champ on their day.

Forgot Holtby - he had a good game as well.

But Derby were shocking at times, particularly early on.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Brereton 2 goals in 50 games....

Thought derby would be right up there but obviously something not right.....Blackburn dark horses 

Brereton played in a front three today and he certainly looked the part in that role today and gave Derby problems, although his finishing didn't match his overall play it has to be said. He had chances.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Brereton played in a front three today and he certainly looked the part in that role today and gave Derby problems, although his finishing didn't match his overall play it has to be said. He had chances.

Not aimed at you, but unfortunately the ignored poster has been quoted so I saw what he / she posted!

Good article the other day on twitter about Brereton playing in a wider forward role rather than central, and how he’s a good target for diags (anyone remember Ian Ormondroyd?)....and it’s enabled them to get Armstrong central.

Not always about one player scoring, it’s about team performance.  I don’t suspect Adam Armstrong or Blackburn are too worried about Brereton’s scoring record in a 4-0 away win.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Blackburn seem the kind of side that can contend for the playoffs so would expect that- not 4-0 at Derby but would expect them to be in and around the mix for 6th.

Derby...As a neutral didn't quite expect this but long may it continue! On paper not a bad squad, not a bad manager- but long may it continue!

A tosser of an owner though!

I’ve only seen the highlights, but looked to me as if Rooney was a passenger and looked purposely crap to get the manager sacked and take his job. 
3 of the 4 goals you’d look at Rooney and think “what the hell are you doing”. If he was my teammate, lost the ball, didn’t chase back and just ambled around whilst their midfield poured forward, I’d give him a right roasting. 
Culpable for 3 goals in my book.  

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I’ve only seen the highlights, but looked to me as if Rooney was a passenger and looked purposely crap to get the manager sacked and take his job. 
3 of the 4 goals you’d look at Rooney and think “what the hell are you doing”. If he was my teammate, lost the ball, didn’t chase back and just ambled around whilst their midfield poured forward, I’d give him a right roasting. 
Culpable for 3 goals in my book.  

Great news! ?

Archived