IGNORED

Derby - Taxi for Philip Cocu

INCRED

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve only seen the highlights, but looked to me as if Rooney was a passenger and looked purposely crap to get the manager sacked and take his job. 
3 of the 4 goals you’d look at Rooney and think “what the hell are you doing”. If he was my teammate, lost the ball, didn’t chase back and just ambled around whilst their midfield poured forward, I’d give him a right roasting. 
Culpable for 3 goals in my book.  

I had a little look on a Derby forum earlier & they all seem to want Rooney dropped, apparently lording it around the pitch without a care in the world, was the jist I got from it.

There was a call from someone that they’d take LJ as manager!

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I had a little look on a Derby forum earlier & they all seem to want Rooney dropped, apparently lording it around the pitch without a care in the world, was the jist I got from it.

Yep. That’s what it looked like to me. Casual, lazy, disinterested. 

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. That’s what it looked like to me. Casual, lazy, disinterested. 

That’s no way to describe LJ.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not aimed at you, but unfortunately the ignored poster has been quoted so I saw what he / she posted!

Good article the other day on twitter about Brereton playing in a wider forward role rather than central, and how he’s a good target for diags (anyone remember Ian Ormondroyd?)....and it’s enabled them to get Armstrong central.

Not always about one player scoring, it’s about team performance.  I don’t suspect Adam Armstrong or Blackburn are too worried about Brereton’s scoring record in a 4-0 away win.

He played on the left of a front three and was very effective.

Blackburn seem to have a very good balance to their team, very cohesive and fluid.

Impressed by them today.

But temper that by the fact Derby were pretty poor overall.

Someone mentioned Rooney being disinterested - that resonates with me after about 70 minutes of the game, it looked to me that he gave up. He was good up to that point imo, but after starting central midfield and then moving up top and then back again, he ambled around the centre circle and didn't really move. WTF would he go there ? Can't be money, he has enough and he's still more than good enough for the premier league. Strange.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He played on the left of a front three and was very effective.

Blackburn seem to have a very good balance to their team, very cohesive and fluid.

Impressed by them today.

But temper that by the fact Derby were pretty poor overall.

Someone mentioned Rooney being disinterested - that resonates with me after about 70 minutes of the game, it looked to me that he gave up. He was good up to that point imo, but after starting central midfield and then moving up top and then back again, he ambled around the centre circle and didn't really move. WTF would he go there ? Can't be money, he has enough and he's still more than good enough for the premier league. Strange.

Blackburn are also very good at the dirty part of the game, as shown when Lenihan grabbed Louis Sibley & basically rugby tackled him rather than let him run free!

Blackburn, Preston, Stoke, Birmingham, Millwall, Leeds & WBA were all very adept at that last season & would guess that it hasn’t changed much this season. Taking one for the team as the phrase is coined.

Archived