IGNORED

Old AG picture

Offside

Not sure if this pic has already been posted (maybe even by me), but I saw it on fb today and I think it’s fascinating. The East End minus the roof, the old stand that was bombed in WW2, the area around the ground looking so different.....

So much history. I’m very glad we stayed at Ashton Gate. 

7B7DBF2F-49EA-4583-9DD6-2E656A1FED89.jpeg

1 minute ago, Offside said:

Not sure if this pic has already been posted (maybe even by me), but I saw it on fb today and I think it’s fascinating. The East End minus the roof, the old stand that was bombed in WW2, the area around the ground looking so different.....

Time to resurrect that thread from a year or two ago that had loads of photos of AG & Bedminster from years gone by, I`m not sure but it might be in the classics section - if it isn`t it should be.

34 minutes ago, Offside said:

If you look closely, you’ll see @Robboredon the bowls green :closedeyes:

4 minutes ago, Street red said:

If you ask @Robbored he could hear the tannoy loud and clear from there as well back in the day 

That’s very true.

Several years ago I  remember playing at Bristol BC in an important cup match when City were at home. It was a tough call between watching City ot playing for my bowls club and obviously my bowls won on that occasion.  The ooohs and ahhs from the stadium was quite a distraction and we were never quite sure what the roars were meant - until City scored!

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Time to resurrect that thread from a year or two ago that had loads of photos of AG & Bedminster from years gone by, I`m not sure but it might be in the classics section - if it isn`t it should be.

Yes it’s here 

11 hours ago, Offside said:

That's kind of what the memorial stadium looks like today. 

Minus a few tents, obviously..! 

Archived